Magnum plus lock - Up to £1400 warranty

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk

oigoi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2011
I had a kryptonite lock with a similar guarantee by there was one snag in the small print - you had to be able to give them the broken lock back to make a claim. In the past when I have had bikes stolen they did not leave the broken lock. I would say check the small print, and see if giving them back the broken lock is part of making a claim.

electric_avenue

Pedelecer
Aug 13, 2011
Chorlton, Manchester
There are no terms and conditions for the warrantly on their website, so I'm taking a guess its carefully worded to be sure you can't ever claim. I've raised a support ticket with them asking for a T+Cs and I'll post back here when if I get them.

aseb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2009
I got one of those locks, they're good. But the warranty has 'small print' that means making a claim wouldn't be worth the effort- I can't remember the details now though. That said, I like the lock with it's 4 point locking action. It's quite short so sometimes can't wrap around the bike and onto a solid object but the lock came with a fairly substantial cable that is pretty long but I think that isn't covered by their guarantee though.
It's still safer to use 2 different types of lock to secure the bike but have to admit that I rarely do.