Magura worse than Banks

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Magura provide parts and after sale service to Bosch unfortunately I have lost patience with the way we have been treated. The current issue is them stating we are circa £30 in credit yet chasing us for £50 via a court order (letter just recieved). I have wasted endless time because these jokers do not know what they are doing. To give a reflection look at this email below. I do not like doing this but I have reached the end of the line. I have included Bosch in emails as well but no-one cares. The bikes are great but I have lost what little patience I had left with Magura.

Hello David,

there is a lot of discussion about this in our house.
We know that for our customers in UK our Service is really bad.

Normally you can pay per credit card but at the moment our machine is broken and nobody knows when it will be repaired.

The exchange rates are because you paid on our € account, but we have an GBP account at the Commerzbank.
I think there are no fees like this.

So at the moment it looks like this:

You paid RE454317 and everything is fine.

So there is only RE442159 left, this invoice is about 42,50 GBP and 50,00 €.

The amount of 15,09 €(exchange rates) we book out in our bookholding.

I really hope that you give us a new change in the new year.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

<individual's name removed by admin>

MAGURA BikeParts GmbH & Co. KG
Eckisstrasse 6 - 72574 Bad Urach

www.magura.com | www.fastest-brake-on-the-market.com | www.facebook.com/magurapassionpeople

HRA 360963 - Registergericht Stuttgart | Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: MAGURA GmbH | mit Sitz Bad Urach - HRB 361171 - Registergericht Stuttgart
Geschäftsführer: Fabian Auch, Martina Class

Last edited by a moderator:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
So much hassle for such a small amount.
they haven't evidently heard of Paypal.

Reactions: Electrifying Cycles

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
I know I have lost it. We have paid companies all over Europe and have never had an experience which has been so terrible. It is such a shame as I love Bosch powered bikes. It makes it difficult when you are trying to keep a good range of Bosch spares to try and look after your customers.

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
In my experience, their brakes aren't much better. The HS33s are simply awful.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Unfortunately this predates that. Also as you are aware certain things can not be done through this e.g. batteries. However you are right progress has been made even if it is painfyully slow :(
I stand corrected it looks like you can now order batteries. So no more waiting on the phone for ages :)
Much better although does not change our outstanding issue.

Last edited:

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Yet another reason why Bosch starting their own UK support next year is such good news - assuming it happens.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Why not use the new B2B and pay by card or paypal?
This is old news now?..

I do agree with your points above as get these letters continuously. At one point their accounts couldn't tally up so they closed the account and issued me with a new account at zero balance.
Thanks Martin. At least things have improved. Just feel I am getting nowhere resolving this issue over what is little money. You should not accept BACS payments if the process is not in place to monitor them. I once had to wait 4 weeks for some items because they said we had not paid them which was bull because I spoke to the bank and had a statement to prove it. The system has improved but when you have an issue (or although hopefully now less likely) they do not communicate with each other, you would think that each employee speaks a different language :)

Last edited:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Yet another reason why Bosch starting their own UK support next year is such good news - assuming it happens.
It does seem to be happening, so finger crossed. I do not care where the service centre is but when you get shocking service it matters. I do not care where they are as long as they offer a good service. You could understand if Magura were a tiny company, though in my experience smaller companies often offer great service.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
No excuse, but Magura may have the hump over their Bosch contract not being renewed next year.

Perhaps they intend to go out on a low note.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Clearly do not care about brand reputation. Although there have been various problems from the start so I do not think that has made much difference.

The most important thing to me is our customers. I have ditched two brands for not meeting the standards I expect. I would not hesitate to do so again if I felt we could not provide the service I expect. Recent examples including swapping customers bike for a new one so they were not waiting months for parts. We, like many other companies will do whatever we can to help our customers.

Reactions: Mrke

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
It would be interesting to know how Magura are regarded in the Fatherland.

We tend to think anything German must be superior, but there's bound to be rubbish companies over there, same as there are here.

Rose, being German, fit Magura brakes.

They have been reliable on my bike, but I've always thought the braking performance to be no more than average.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Finally the account is cleared though it is not clear what is happening with the money we are owed

Perhaps I should add 8% interest like them plus a bill for all the additional work :)
What a shame I had to resort to this. Hope in future we or others do not have such a bad experience

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
One interesting note related to Bosch is that Yamaha will in time provide spares for their motors. I think this is great when you run out of warraty you do not want to replace an entire motor for the sake of one small part.

On seperate note I am still waiting to find out what is going on with the money we are owed (according to an Email from Magura). Either another financial mistake by Magura (i.e. balance is 0 rather than credit) or they have not bothered to find out yet.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I get the impressions that some of the German companies abuse their customers badly and are only interested in making as much money as possible from them.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
I got an email from Bosch telling me they cannot apologise beacuse of the way you react. Please tell me how I should react when I get nowhere until I post on a public forum. I am always willing to lean and improve but no other method worked. I felt backed into a corner as no-one would listen or was willing to listen. I had no call from Bosch and the email from them today asked us to keep them out of the discussion. I would like to praise Reise and Muller who called me up and are one of the best companies I have ever dealt with. This was nothing to do with them but I included them as previously they helped me out when i was have problems with Magura. They are an amazing company and if i was a customer I would buy their bikes without hesitation. Hopefully they might include a non Bosch crank drive in the future.

That is also Bosch needed to do, just show they care about the UK. I also think the culture in the bicycle industry needs to change. There is too many cases of people having to wait a long time for parts.

Bosch have just asked me do I ever call. Yes I do. But that is not the point.

Last edited:

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
[quote="Electrifying Cycles, post: 243298, member: 5767". I would like to praise Reise and Muller who called me up and are one of the best companies I have ever dealt with. This was nothing to do with them but I included them as previously they helped me out when i was have problems with Magura. They are an amazing company and if i was a customer I would buy their bikes without hesitation. Hopefully they might include a non Bosch crank drive in the future.
.[/quote]

I have two of their bikes and can vouch for their quality, attention to detail and customer care before the bike was even released for delivery. If only others were of the same mind.