Mahle 30 system derestrict.

Ribeye

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 10, 2023
Hello. Anyone able to advise on a dongle and or a workaround to restrict a Ribble E bike fitted with the Mahle 30 system. 4 or 5 mph extra would be sufficient. Thank you.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Hello. Anyone able to advise on a dongle and or a workaround to restrict a Ribble E bike fitted with the Mahle 30 system. 4 or 5 mph extra would be sufficient. Thank you.
Do you mean 'derestrict'?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The bike is sold as a pedelec , pedelec = 15.5mph cut off as by law to remain classed as a bicycle and not an unlicenced motor vehicle.

Reactions: AndyBike

Ribeye

Nov 10, 2023
The bike is sold as a pedelec , pedelec = 15.5mph cut off as by law to remain classed as a bicycle and not an unlicenced motor vehicle.
Yes. I know this however that wasn’t my question. If you can’t answer my question then please don’t respond. Seems I've registered onto the wrong site. Don’t concern your self for I won’t be posting again. Now, lecture somebody else.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Yes. I know this however that wasn’t my question. If you can’t answer my question then please don’t respond. Seems I've registered onto the wrong site. Don’t concern your self for I won’t be posting again. Now, lecture somebody else.
Looks like it.
Don't let the door smack you on the 4r5e on the way out.

Unlicensed illegal de-restricted bikes bring ebiking into disrepute and has the daily mail gammons shouting about taxation,insurance and licences.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Bye, Bye then.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
There's a dongle that goes between the two motor connector halves, which increases the speed by 3mph. It's possible that 18.5 mph is the motor's maximum speed at 36v. IMHO, the only way the dongle can work is by a simple spoof of the speed signal on the white speed signal wire. You can do that yourself if you buy a motor extension cable, cut it down and fix a double flipflop as a pulse frequency divider on the white wire, powered by the red and black hall wires. All wires run straight through except the white. Cost about £10.

Last edited:

Ribeye

Nov 10, 2023
There's a dongle that goes between the two motor connector halves, which increases the speed by 3mph. It's possible that 18.5 mph is the motor's maximum speed at 36v. IMHO, the only way the dongle can work is by a simple spoof of the speed signal on the white speed signal wire. You can do that yourself if you buy a motor extension cable, cut it down and fix a double flipflop as a pulse frequency divider on the white wire, powered by the red and black hall wires. All wires run straight through except the white. Cost about £10.
Many thanks.

Ribeye

Nov 10, 2023
Looks like it.
Don't let the door smack you on the 4r5e on the way out.

Unlicensed illegal de-restricted bikes bring ebiking into disrepute and has the daily mail gammons shouting about taxation,insurance and licences.
Ha ha. You both need to get a life or get out a bit more. :confused:

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Yes. I know this however that wasn’t my question. If you can’t answer my question then please don’t respond.
An important part of a good forum (or good person to person discussion) is to give all useful information relevant to a question rather than just a direct answer.
Seems I've registered onto the wrong site.
Yes
Don’t concern your self for I won’t be posting again.
Is that so?

Advertisers