MapMyRide

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
MapMyRide / Strava

Anyone use this?

I've just signed up recently and it looks pretty good. You can map all your rides and compare with friends.

Anybody who wants me at the bottom of their leader board send me a PM and I'll add you to my friends list.

I only bike occasionally at the moment. Once I get my new bike sorted that should change though.

Last edited:

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
Cool. I'll sign up for this and send you an invite.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
As a matter of interest, when you log your ride what do you put in for the type of bike?
On Strava you don't need to put the type of bike. You can add details of your personal weight and the weight of the bike if you so desire.

I had a couple of my rides flagged, so now just use the private feature so the rides aren't logged as part of the public profile.

I'm only interested in keeping a track of my own rides, or ,more specifically the route and mileage.

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
I've created myself on Strava and created a privacy zone.

I like the idea of setting targets and working towards these but this seems to be a chargeable feature. Do you guys pay for the premium option or just use the free version.

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
I use GB and Parks, much the same sort of set up. My leisure riding is mostly off road and this app is O/S map based. Costs a few quid for some of the maps.

Brilliant, found places and routes I didn't know existed.

Sheffmax

Pedelecer
Sep 5, 2013
Sheffield
On Strava you don't need to put the type of bike. You can add details of your personal weight and the weight of the bike if you so desire.

I had a couple of my rides flagged, so now just use the private feature so the rides aren't logged as part of the public profile.

I'm only interested in keeping a track of my own rides, or ,more specifically the route and mileage.
The reason I asked is that it gives info about calories used but as that is dependant on how much pedalling versus motor you use it's pretty much meaningless. So you're right, it doesn't matter about which bike class you enter.

I'm also only interested in where I've been and how far and I'd been using Google maps to manually plot it before I got Mapmyride.