Marathon Plus anyone?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks RedSkywalker, that's the best deal on these for a very long time.

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
Thanks for that - I've just ordered some for my Wisper (on the basis that offers like that don't usually last long) for when I eventually need them. So far the supplied Kenda tyres have been fine.

The tubes may have valves which are too short for the Wisper rims, but it's still a bargain even if I don't use those.

I'll let you know when they get delivered. I haven't dealt with 'Cycles Direct' before.

Rog.

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
Ive ordered the 700C x 38 ones. Hope they fit! :eek:

John

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Hi

Did you order schrader inner tubes and will they fit the hole in the rim for the existing woods valve or does it need to be enlarged? Mine's an infamous 24-spoker Pro Connect!

Mike

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
Hi

Did you order schrader inner tubes and will they fit the hole in the rim for the existing woods valve or does it need to be enlarged? Mine's an infamous 24-spoker Pro Connect!

Mike
I did order Schrader tubes, and they're the standard (Kenda) type, but I can't help you with advice on yours. I suspect they'd be OK, but Flecc may be able to give you a more definitive answer.

Rog.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, Schraeder and Woods valves have the same rim hole size.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Ive ordered the 700C x 38 ones. Hope they fit! :eek:

John

Did they fit John?

I think that I am pushing my luck with the standard PC tyres, so I am going to invest in a set of Marathon Plus.

This £39.99 offer has ended now and the price has gone up to £45 for the tyres, tubes and delivery. As far as I can tell, this still isn't a bad deal.

Thanks

Tom

Last edited:

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Hi Tom

Fitted two Marathon Plus 700 x 38c tyres to my Pro Connect last night (got them from stokepa on ebay). Fit perfectly. Two tips I picked up on this forum which I found very useful were :

1. Marthon+ tyres are quite stiff when new so I used the tip of a couple of cable ties to hold tyre on rim whilst trying to get the tyre on - work a treat at keeping the bit of tyre that was on in place whilst I got the last bit over the rim.

2. The second tip for the changing the back wheel tyre was to just slip the wheel out of the slots and pass the old/new tyres thru' gap on non drive side rather than mess about with taking the whole wheel out and messing about with the gear change cable etc.

This forum really is a great place!

Mike

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Thanks Mike, I’ll certainly have those two tips in mind when I change the tyres over. The deal posted in this thread still seems to be one of the best around, so I am going to order them in a moment!

You are right about the forum. It is quite unique and it is always a refreshing to see how generous other members can be with their knowledge, offers, and advice.

All the best

Tom

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I placed an order for the tyres yesterday at about 11:30 am, they arrived this morning at 9:00 am. Good service from this company.

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Hi....just got two Marathon plus from "Spa Cycles" £41 delivered by royal mail day after I ordered 'em.

...top marks "Spa Cycles" and "RM".

....Mike

C

Cyclezee

Just swapped the standard Kenda tyres on a one of my Forzas for a pair of very slightly used 26 x 2.0 Marathon Plus ATBs. £25 for the pair, I could have paid over £40:eek:
They really suit the Forza, nice and chunky. The rolling resistance is quite low with pumped up to 70 psi.

J:) hn

P.S. as a result of this and other tyre upgrades please see here http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/classifieds/4269-free-tyres.html#post54948

Last edited by a moderator: