Marians

Marians

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 13, 2020
Hi .maby someone knows where I can find HT1003BA battery for calibre kinetic bike.thanks

Gavin

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2020
Hi .maby someone knows where I can find HT1003BA battery for calibre kinetic bike.thanks
What's the matter with the old battery?

Post a picture of the old battery and the charger for reference...

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Bouth stop working. In shop they said battery or charger kill each other something like tahat
Did they actually examine both articles for several days? If not, they are supposing only.....
They could possibly be correct, but IMHO seldom.
What have you observed yourself?
Do you have access to a multi meter and the knowledge to use it, to check the parts out to see if say the charger is "nominally" working or not, or if there is any observable charge still in the battery?
What does the charger LED show and when?
There are plenty of knowledgeable people here, but they do need infos big time!
Regards
Andy

Marians

Aug 13, 2020
Did they actually examine both articles for several days? If not, they are supposing only.....
They could possibly be correct, but IMHO seldom.
What have you observed yourself?
Do you have access to a multi meter and the knowledge to use it, to check the parts out to see if say the charger is "nominally" working or not, or if there is any observable charge still in the battery?
What does the charger LED show and when?
There are plenty of knowledgeable people here, but they do need infos big time!
Regards
Andy
The charger lights its gone.no I don't have multi meter but I can check in workplace. Battery looking absolutely fine. Can see any damage or leak

Attachments

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
The charger lights its gone.no I don't have multi meter but I can check in workplace. Battery looking absolutely fine. Can see any damage or leak
I do not understand your reply 100% for certain. Do you mean that the charge LED on the charger does not light?
If yes, it is possible that the charger, or the plug, simply have a blown fuse. Or even two blown fuses.
Check the plug first. Replace fuse with a known tested good fuse. Check charger operation without the battery, the LED should indicate green.
Also check with a voltmeter for around 42 volts at the charger battery connector, if the LED goes green. Do it carefully, without causing a short circuit!
Plugging into the battery, if the battery is OK and NOT fully charged, the LED will show red. Or green if fully charged, or if the battery is defective in some manner.
The photo was of the side of the charger, so I am unable to know if you even have an LED installed in the charger.

Let us know what happens.
regards
Andy

Marians

Aug 13, 2020
I do not understand your reply 100% for certain. Do you mean that the charge LED on the charger does not light?
If yes, it is possible that the charger, or the plug, simply have a blown fuse. Or even two blown fuses.
Check the plug first. Replace fuse with a known tested good fuse. Check charger operation without the battery, the LED should indicate green.
Also check with a voltmeter for around 42 volts at the charger battery connector, if the LED goes green. Do it carefully, without causing a short circuit!
Plugging into the battery, if the battery is OK and NOT fully charged, the LED will show red. Or green if fully charged, or if the battery is defective in some manner.
The photo was of the side of the charger, so I am unable to know if you even have an LED installed in the charger.

Let us know what happens.
regards
Andy
Hi.we check whit multi meter so battery give out only 18v and charger is gone.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Fuses? Did you replace them with known good ones?
I agree, if the battery is down to 18 volts, then only a real expert MIGHT recover it. At that voltage generally, a lot of damage has been made to the cells.
Andy

Marians

Aug 13, 2020
Fuses? Did you replace them with known good ones?
I agree, if the battery is down to 18 volts, then only a real expert MIGHT recover it. At that voltage generally, a lot of damage has been made to the cells.
Andy
Hi there. I give workplace maintenance and they check everything. Fuse are good.so any ideas where I can find battery?????I just start thinking when I buy bike shop staff don't tell about limited edition.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi there. I give workplace maintenance and they check everything. Fuse are good.so any ideas where I can find battery?????I just start thinking when I buy bike shop staff don't tell about limited edition.
There are a few here who can help you with the battery, and a new charger.
Up to now, in almost 10 years and several e-bikes, I have never had a charger or a battery go defective, as I look after them MOST carefully!
The infos from bike manufacturers are IMHO simply awful, contributing to early demise of both.
Even here on Pedelec, there are a multitude of opinions, some good, some not, on how to give a battery a long life.
As my first battery was over a year old when I bought the bike, and 6 years later, the battery was almost as good as new, when I gave the bike away, I do feel that I know a little bit about maintaining a battery.....
I wish you well.
Oh, by the way, even if your battery is defective, and needs replacing, quality re-celling is usually far cheaper than replacing a battery!
But do get a recommendation from the folks here who know where to go because their batteries have already died and been replaced, where to go get a battery re-celled, as there are some firms who use poor quality cells and bad workmanship!
Just a thought.
Andy

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Some better photos of your battery may help find one. Maybe contact Go Outdoors.

Marians

Aug 13, 2020
That looks like an in-frame battery, nothing like the one in my link. If you have no luck with Go Outdoors, you could try ebikebatteries.co.uk, who may be able to rebuild it for you.
Hi.go outdoors its pointless all ready try.i was looking everywhere but no luck so far.i all ready think about new bike,because i think that battery is cost to much.i probably go and complain about this bike .because when i buy the bike the staff dont tell me its limited edition. Ok however a big thanks for your help and time.