Membership Rank

Chris

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
What have I done to go from "junior member" to "member".
Perhaps someone could explain (all) the rankings?
Many Thanks
Chris
:confused:

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Hi Chris :)

I think members' 'titles'/ranks change at certain threshold numbers of posts they make, though I'm unsure what the threshold numbers are :).

There was previously some discussion about alternative titles or system, in these threads, if you are interested and/or have some good ideas :).

Stuart.

fcurran

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2007
Bath
www.powabyke.com
Ha! I was thinking the same thing about an hour ago! I think it has something to do with the number of messages posted.

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
You're welcome Chris :).

Yes, thats it Frank - I think its just down to the number of posts.

Make the most of being junior/member - stick around long enough & before you know it you'll be a senior :eek: :D.

Stuart.

Chris

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
Just looked at the numbers for Flecc-over 4000!:cool:
Have to say Herr Flecc shares good knowledge,common sence,and encourages people (Im not related).
Chris;)

C

Cyclezee

Reckon you need 1000 post to acheive Guru status as Flecc has over 4000 posts:eek:
I'll be dead before I get to a 1000 and my wife will be charged with manslaughter:mad:

John

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
:D ...Some people are born Gurus, some people aspire to Guru status, others have Guru status thrust upon them... :D

I don't think Guru status is conferred by a post count, John ;).

I wonder what happens at 1000 posts though - if you become senior at 100 something ought to happen at 1000 - probably become a 'verbose' member :), or maybe its just like you said John :eek:.

Stuart.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I became Pedelec Guru when I mailed the successful solution to a Li-ion battery fault that had occurred on the site administrators bike.

That added to my previous technical posts apparently gave rise to the new post.

So it wasn't posting numbers, though I was the first active member and made the first posting.

Footie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2007
Cornwall. PL27
Oh, I have just been promoted too – from Junior to Member – just passed the 30-post point maybe that’s it.
Does that mean I will be taken more seriously :rolleyes: :D

ITSPETEINIT

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2006
Mere, Wilts
Noble prize for E-bikery

I became Pedelec Guru when I mailed the successful solution to a Li-ion battery fault that had occurred on the site administrators bike.

That added to my previous technical posts apparently gave rise to the new post.

So it wasn't posting numbers, though I was the first active member and made the first posting.
No. It ain't misspelled.
P

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Congratulations Footie.

Be careful not to let this exalted rank make you power crazy. :D

Advertisers