Review MiRider One

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I much prefer the MiRider display. Do you reckon it would work with the Bafang G020 motor ? I’ll try to remember to take a pic of the existing unit - it’s a total pain to operate with gloves whereas the MR was very responsive.
What you're saying doesn't compute. 2020 and 2021 Mirider One use KT LCD5s. Have you modified something or are there different versions? You can see it in the photo in this listing.

Barnsleyrob

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2020
What you're saying doesn't compute. 2020 and 2021 Mirider One use KT LCD5s. Have you modified something or are there different versions? You can see it in the photo in this listing.
That’s the same as mine on the MiRider. Do you know if it works with the Bafang G020 motor ? The Bafang is also a 36v rear hub motor but the controller on my Pinnacle is a pain to operate with gloves and is just a basic LED display.

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That’s the same as mine on the MiRider. Do you know if it works with the Bafang G020 motor ? The Bafang is also a 36v rear hub motor but the controller on my Pinnacle is a pain to operate with gloves and is just a basic LED display.
The LCD works with the controller (KT controllers only, not Bafang). It doesn't have a clue, nor does it care about what motor you have. It's the controller that connects to the motor. if your motor has the 9 pin connector, in principle, you can use just about any controller with its matching control panel.

KT mmake a range of LCD control panels, which are all compatible with their controllers. The LCD5 is towards the bottom of the range. Most people go for the LCD3 or LCD8. This is the middle page of 3:

What type of PAS does that bike have?

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
The LCD works with the controller (KT controllers only, not Bafang). It doesn't have a clue, nor does it care about what motor you have. It's the controller that connects to the motor. if your motor has the 9 pin connector, in principle, you can use just about any controller with its matching control panel.

KT mmake a range of LCD control panels, which are all compatible with their controllers. The LCD5 is towards the bottom of the range. Most people go for the LCD3 or LCD8. This is the middle page of 3:

What type of PAS does that bike have?
Can you derestricted in any way

lightning

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2022
l've got the Mirider and it works well, but l would say it would be pointless trying to derestrict it as the single gear spins out at about 18mph.

The assistance fades out at around 16.5mph.

The bike rides well, it's for my wife but l rode it home from the shop. l also took it off road which was a little unfair (on the bike) but it performed well on a rough unmade road, a path around the local park, and across a field.

The boost button on the right handlebar is great, for when you get to a steep hill. The website claims a 15% maximum gradient and it's probably about right, but that's a bit steeper than 1 in 4.

l was surprised at the ride quality which is very good for the type of bike that it is, there is a rear shock but it looks like just an elastomer and there's nothing at the front.

lt will be ideal for a holiday bike. We'll
probably buy another one, then l won't have to heave my full sized Kona Ebike into the car.

lightning

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2022
Going off the lack of response to my post it looks like l am the only person on the forum who has bought one of these bikes apart from the O/P