Mirror, mirror!

RedSkywalker

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2008
Disaster! I managed to acquire a cracking mirror that screwed into the brake [6mm I think] a few weeks back and today I had my first fall [wet mud, doh!] and the screw sheared - end of mirror.

I've searched everywhere for another one of these but with no luck - does anyone know where I can get one? I've got a Salisbury and with the twist grip on the right so a bar end fitting is no good and the gear shift being on the same side means that even the longest stem available with a clamp type fitting just doesn't reach out far enough.

RedSkywalker

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2008
Cheers flecc; I did think about one of these and I have one of them on my old bike but the twist grip on the Salisbury is one piece plastic with a rounded end which looks like it goes well past the end of the bar inside and I was worried that the mirror plug wouldn't be long enough to reach the bar end without the stem fouling on the twist grip and also about rain entering through the gap in the twist grip.

MaryinScotland

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2006
Dumfries, SW Scotland
I find a helmet mirror works quite well.

Mary

PS *************** I am almost afraid to use the word "helmet" in a post. Please let's not start another debate about them; there are plenty of those around already.

Stephen-Gately

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 1, 2008
Just carry a small child on your rack behind you facing backwards. He can tell you when something is coming