mobile forum

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

I've been away from home for a bit and it looks like I'll have to stay a bit longer, so I have to use my mobile phone (galaxy s2) for internet. I have two problems for which I need a bit of help:

The standard browser/software makes it difficult go see what you've typed because the end of the typing is nearly always off the end of the screen, and once you move the typing to seeit, you can't get back to the end. Is there a better ap for doing the forum or other way?

Could someone remind me how to stay logged on. I've searched but didn't finf.

I apologise for all the recent and future typos/double posts etc, which for me are difficult to repair on this device.

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
Tapatalk app if it's available for the 'inferior' android os is good

Edit: yes it's on google play do a search for tapatalk forum app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Tapatalk app if it's available for the 'inferior' android os is good

Never miss an opportunity do you Dave.....give me Samsung/Android any day.....:p lol

Lynda :)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
I've been away from home for a bit and it looks like I'll have to stay a bit longer, so I have to use my mobile phone (galaxy s2) for internet. I have two problems for which I need a bit of help:

The standard browser/software makes it difficult go see what you've typed because the end of the typing is nearly always off the end of the screen, and once you move the typing to seeit, you can't get back to the end. Is there a better ap for doing the forum or other way?

I apologise for all the recent and future typos/double posts etc, which for me are difficult to repair on this device.
Im not quite sure why you are having a problem dave, for staying logged in just tick the box top right once you have signed in, it seems to work for me.

But I do think you have to log in again once leaving the site......

You should also be able to scroll back up to see what you have typed...... at least I think I could last time, I certainly cant remember having a problem anyway when logging in and posting from my Galaxy S11.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Im not quite sure why you are having a problem dave, for staying logged in just tick the box top right once you have signed in, it seems to work for me.

But I do think you have to log in again once leaving the site......

You should also be able to scroll back up to see what you have typed...... at least I think I could last time, I certainly cant remember having a problem anyway when logging in and posting from my Galaxy S11.

Ok...i am posting this from my phone
and can still
scroll back up
to see what i have
written then
return to the end.....but you DO need a soft touch.....;)

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm trying tapatalk. Seems a bit weird this far, so I'll have to learn how it works
Thanks Dave. I'll confirm that it's ok after a few posts.

Lyne, I didn't get the tick box. The typing wasn't contained within the box and when I tried to scroll, it jumped in every direction but where I wanted. The same with repairing, I could put the blue flag anywhere except the word that needed repair.ing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
Stick with it Dave... As with all things it's a curve :p

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Stick with it Dave... As with all things it's a curve :p

yep absolutley hate forums that dont support tapatalk.

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009

My phone browser gives me the option to remember passwords so can log in to pedelecs with just selecting the icon on my phone.
Typing errors etc. easy to correct after posting by using the edit function. For me this appears to be easier to use than the old site.

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire

If you lose the will with tapatalk, download a browser that will let you save your passwords, i.e. firefox for android.

MikeyBikey

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2013
Hi guys, happy new year. Some aspects of new site are good, I can zoom in to thread text on winfone mobile , easier to read on little screen, even tho header is full width for monitor.
Don't on why reply box is different size and offset, but wp7.5 can display weird sometimes :) Lag when I'm typing too :(
Does bakground pic and ads, etc, reload with every page?
Can't see 'Whats New' button anymore, did that get junked?
Hope the rains let up!
Cheers, MikeyBikey

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
I prefer Tapatalk 2 for browsing the forum, as it has its own no nonsense format, for a one off payment of £1.50 you can be ad free.:D

Last edited:

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Tapatalk has now started introducing ads into its application.
Hi guys, happy new year. Some aspects of new site are good, I can zoom in to thread text on winfone mobile , easier to read on little screen, even tho header is full width for monitor.
Don't on why reply box is different size and offset, but wp7.5 can display weird sometimes :) Lag when I'm typing too :(
Does bakground pic and ads, etc, reload with every page?
Can't see 'Whats New' button anymore, did that get junked?
Hope the rains let up!
Cheers, MikeyBikey
Hi Mikey,

The 'Whats New' button has been replaced by hovering over the 'Forums' menu at the top and selected 'New Posts'.

There is also a Recent Activity feature :
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/recent-activity/

MikeyBikey

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2013
Thanks rsscott, saved the 'recent activity' shortcut to my 'favorites'. Can't 'hover' with a mobile, and the lag is still there, don't know yet if it's the site or my '3' network! ;). Mobile tariff may say "all you can eat" but you must eat verrry slow on their throttled connection. Word complete is now so slow I just type longhand. cheers, Mikey

Advertisers