Modify Ezeetorq 2 to Throttle Only

zebody

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
East Yorkshire
On my 2nd Ezeetorq since 2006

This model has only pedelec mode purchased from Cyclepoint.

I am well happy with the Ezeetorq but was unaware of the Euro spec change (pedelec only and derestricted to 15mph) .

I have 2 questions if anyone could kindly help.

(a)
I would like to make it throttle only mode as arthritic legs make crossing at junctions difficult.
Should I just join the pedelec sensor wires together or is there something else to consider.
(b) I have a spare controller from my Torq 1 if I fitted this to my Torq 2 would the top speed be same as old Torq 1?

Shame about The Euro changes it spoiled a really great bike.

Regards
Zeb

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
On my older torq 2,it was simple to derestrict by turning the bike upside down,and finding a wire coming from the controller that was covered in red or could have been black shrinkwrapthis is the only wire that does not continue up the frame of the bike towards the handlebars,underneath the shrinkwprap is a plastic connector disconnect this and it is derestricted,i would like to be a bit more detailed but i have a different controller on mine now,i believe if your old torq is the bafang motor the controller wiring colour connections will almost certainly be different .

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm afraid the controller wiring on the Torq 2 models that didn't have throttles is opposite in it's action on the ones I know of. Unplugging the restriction connector actually slows the top assist speed to about 12 mph.

The Torq 1 controller probably won't work on the Torq 2, especially those with the eZee motor which yours will be.

If either the current eZee Forte or Forza models still has a 20 mph capability, one of those controllers will do what you want, but I doubt either of them still do have that facility. You could check with the present agents, Onbike, to see if either has the 20 mph option.

zebody

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
East Yorkshire
Ezee torq 2 changes

Cyclepoint have helped me resolve some of my issues :

1/I was sold an ezee assist factor, it is an adjustable controller that is used instead of the throttle.
a reasonable price, going across road junctions is no problem now.
2/ Cyclepoint man suggested I could use my torq1 controller but I would need a different throttle as the torq2 is a 5 magnet version.
I wont bother doing anything as I am happy with the new gizmo.
Regards Zeb

Advertisers