more battery mussings

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
hi all
I tend to do my longer hilly journeys on nice summer days.
last bank holiday Monday went to open air market, which is hilly about 25miles in total. battery 10.4ah yosepower bottle battery. tdz2 250w kit.
did said journey , 6 miles next day ran out of battery after 5 miles.
so swopped over 10,4 ah to 13ah battery ser/oct last year but got poor results about 21 miles flattish terrain.

swopped back to 10.4 ah battery range about 21 miles.
this sat/sunday did 20 miles fairly hilly , around 40/50% left on battery level.

today 25 miles hilly route 40/50% left in battery.

I find a realbig difference in how my ebike seems to perform in the hotter weather.

also spoke to 3 local ebikers, who notice the difference if battery on bike in garage, as opposed to battery indoors and then ridden in the colder weather.

anybody else find better performance in hot weather.
my new 17ah yosepower gave 35 miles range in the colder weather, not as yet tried in warmer weather

The Grouch

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 7, 2018
Durham United Kingdom
hi all
I tend to do my longer hilly journeys on nice summer days.
last bank holiday Monday went to open air market, which is hilly about 25miles in total. battery 10.4ah yosepower bottle battery. tdz2 250w kit.
did said journey , 6 miles next day ran out of battery after 5 miles.
so swopped over 10,4 ah to 13ah battery ser/oct last year but got poor results about 21 miles flattish terrain.

swopped back to 10.4 ah battery range about 21 miles.
this sat/sunday did 20 miles fairly hilly , around 40/50% left on battery level.

today 25 miles hilly route 40/50% left in battery.

I find a realbig difference in how my ebike seems to perform in the hotter weather.

also spoke to 3 local ebikers, who notice the difference if battery on bike in garage, as opposed to battery indoors and then ridden in the colder weather.

anybody else find better performance in hot weather.
my new 17ah yosepower gave 35 miles range in the colder weather, not as yet tried in warmer weather
I dont have my ebike to comment but i do have an electric car and there is a dramatic decline in range in the winter months. 21°c is optimal temprature for ion lithum cells they do not like the cold.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Lithium cells certainly perform better in the warm as we are getting now rather then in the cold of winter.
My 29E's (14.5ah 10s5p) were seeing me 16 - 18miles during the cold and has crept up a bit now.
The biggest gain is using them in a lower assist (pas2 with a 20a controller), mileage is currently up to 30 miles on cells over 3 yrs old and still able to hit 19-20 mph on suitable roads,
./riding conditions ( flatish terrain).