More GSM advice please.

Nixtoo

Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2016
hi,

The lock rings came loose today, I've tightened them, but noticed there's a slight clicking coming from the pedals. Any suggestions of what I should check? Otherwises it's running really well!

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011

jnny6168

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 14, 2016
I have just ordered a set aswell as my left hand one kept coming loose and I ended up ordering a crank arm aswell as it got damaged. so pleased you came up with a solution

other than that happy with the kit

jnny6168

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 14, 2016
thanks trex I have ordered a set

one thing may be of interest to anyone else I had a noise start from inside harder to pedal.
I took the cover off and found the cog with the cir clip on was bone dry and needle bearings were sticking bit of freeing up and grease on shaft now differant totally to ride so quiet better than new

Reactions: trex

EmSeeDee

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2015
Coventry, UK
the left allen crank bolt tends to get loosened and causes an audible click when the left crank is at 9 o'clock because of the torsion through the BB.
If it's the case, instead of tightening it further, replacing the allen crank bolts with M8 crank bolts will sort it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-of-Crank-Bolts-for-Square-Taper-Bottom-Bracket-M8-/262344323019
After doing some googling, I came to the conclusion that the correct torque wrench setting for the crank bolts (the ones that hold the crank arms to the bottom bracket spindle) was 40 Nm. Since tightening mine to that figure, I've had no more problems with them coming loose.

HTH

Mike

Reactions: trex