More kit help required

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
I got some advice last week on fitting a kit to my bike, Nealh and morsmana suggested Woosh and Oxydrive.. The Woosh kit is appealing as i could get a 15ah battery for my budget (about 500 pounds). However they tell me today that it is out of stock till June sometime. So bearing in mind my weight of 100 kgs would you order the Woosh kit for June or get this Oxydrive special offer http://www.oxydrive.co.uk/offers/index.html and hope that 11ah will be enough for my usual cycle of about 30/40 miles where i would like assistance for around half of that distance.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I find the cst can be quite hardwork unassisted but that might be down to my asthma, downhill is no problem.The most I have got is 25/30 miles from my 13ah but that is offroad miles with some road miles on pas 2 & 3 using level 2 on a mtb with Nobby Nick's.
Read d8veh's thread about the Xiongda as that is a v.good kit as well, just needs a battery or BMSB 09 intergrated battery comes with all the leccy bits you need plus add a bpm should come in at about 500 quid.

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
Nealh thanks for the reply. you experience with 13ah battery is helpful,the offer battery is 11ah so maybe not enough. I am leaning towards waiting for the woosh kit.
I read d8veh's thread on the Xiongda motor and interesting as it was that kind
of build is way beyond me, Mechanically i,m fine but electrics are too difficult so has to be plug and play if thats the correct phrase.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
woosh will have a new plug and play kit in about 3 weeks.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
With June so close I'd hang on for that better battery Woosh option.

D

Deleted member 4366

I find the cst can be quite hardwork unassisted but that might be down to my asthma, downhill is no problem.
I can't see that being a problem with the kit. My friend, who rides with me has that kit. He's often free-wheeling while I'm still pedalling hard on my bike. We did a 44 mile ride a couple of weeks ago, and we both did over 20 miles of it unassisted because it was fairly flat. He was still free-wheeling while I was pedalling.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
don't underestimate how much energy is soaked up by a suspension fork.
I remember trying the lightweight bike at Woosh a few months back, that bike has a rigid fork and fast rolling 700 x 25C narrow hard tyres. I didn't need assist to hit 25mph on the flat.
It's on sale as second hand on the woosh website:
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?secondhand

Reactions: flecc

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
Thanks for all the replies.
flecc & trex I think I will take your advice and wait for the new woosh kits to come in.
that bike you listed looks a good buy when you consider it is 500 for the kit but i feel it is just a bit to lively for me, my days of hammering around on narrow 700c tyres are over
d8veh i don,t think the drag will be too much, i have an extended loan of a
Wisper 905 and I am finding it allright on the flat and i think my build will
be a couple of kilos lighter