Motor kits from cammy_cc?

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
That seems incredibly cheap - though I don't see a battery in the package, interesting though, as I'm starting to concider a kit for a little used recumbent...

rooel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2007
The low price interests me too, but note the postage: surface mail 5 to 7 weeks, around £70, airmail services, 5 to 14 days or so, around £120.

Vat, duty and clearance fees may have to be added, and of course there is no battery although his LefePo4s are comparatively cheap, but carriage, insurance, and duty etc may all have to be added to these too.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
They are almost certainly direct drive motors (motor running at wheel speed), so in this low voltage form will be low powered and have very poor low speed torque for hill climbing.

This type of motor is best suited to use on higher voltages and powers in the US performance market and that site offers motors in those forms. The internally geared motors like those on Wisper, eZee and Nano powered bikes are better for most of our territory and usage, having more hill climb ability and better economy.

On the plus side, direct drive is simple, cheap and quiet.

rooel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2007
Thanks flecc, I think I shall stick with the brushless Suzhou Bafang which comes with the Alien Ocean kit, with no worries about high postal charges, or VAT, duty etc, not to mention the return postage cost if any of the kit proves defective.