Help! Motor responds immediately to pedal pressure

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
Got a second Giant suede recently while I fix my other . The motor kicks in as soon as any pedal pressure . My other suede under repair Required a bit of pedalling before motor came in . Worried that this second bike motor may be damaged with this immediate response when I’m still not moving . Is it something thatshould be attended to or is it Nothing to worry about ? If it should be sorted how is any adjustment made to pedal Sensor
Thanks
Mike

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Got a second Giant suede recently while I fix my other . The motor kicks in as soon as any pedal pressure . My other suede under repair Required a bit of pedalling before motor came in . Worried that this second bike motor may be damaged with this immediate response when I’m still not moving . Is it something thatshould be attended to or is it Nothing to worry about ? If it should be sorted how is any adjustment made to pedal Sensor
Thanks
Mike
I doubt it's anything to worry about, the latest Giant bikes work like that.
Dave

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Got a second Giant suede recently while I fix my other . The motor kicks in as soon as any pedal pressure .
And the earlier Panasonic powered Giant Lafree responded instantly to pressure with its maximum power, so it isn't anything unusual to worry about.