Help! Motor spins, but thats all.

dvdspelert

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 8, 2019
Hello ebikers,

I am trying to understand why I cannot get this setup running. The motor works, controller works, and display was broken. The display is replaced and I get response from the motor, but thats it. No varying speed, no speed display, no nothing.

Battery: yes. (10s)
Motor: 8fun syxd01f
controller (??) but wasnt broken before the display got broken and replaced
Display: KT-LCD3 V3.0 24/36/48

Where to look next? I got all the information together in the folder in the next link, and also added them to this post. (sweet! Thank you, hoster!)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qtxcXF_4N1jWd4y5vzaSag1X9OiR7mLP

I have tried many settings during the past week in the display but the result is the same. Motor spins at certain rotation speed and no Km display. I feel like it is in setting P1 but I am new in ebike repair. Electronic knowledge is pretty good. Who can point me in the right direction? I feel like if I get this working, I will get them all working.

Simplest solution would be to just replace the controller too, but thats not satisfying to me.

Thanks!

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You are trying to use a Luishi controller with a KT LCD they are not compatible when it comes to the communication protocols , you need a KT controller for it to work 100% or Luishi LCD. Although the display works and shows the various parameters etc, the issue is in the programming of the software.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Can you show your original display?
There might be a way to restore some temporary functionality to your bike without the LCD if you can tell us the colour of all the wires connected to the original LCD.

dvdspelert

Nov 8, 2019
Ahh, that leads me to think that it could be a sine wave display + square wave controller, or am I off here?
BMSbattery calls it "B" and "S" compatible displays.

I will look for the original tomorrow but I'm not sure its still around.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A correct display will work whether you use sinewave or squarewave controller as with most advice, it is always best to buy the display and controller as a matched pair if buying new or at least using components from the same producer.

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The LCD works independently from the controller. It doesn't care about nor see any wave forms. It's only a user interface with the controller. It communicates between you and the controller, sending and receiving information. The problem is that your KT LCD speaks a different language to your Lishui controller. You need a King Meter or Bigstone LCD.

dvdspelert

Nov 8, 2019
Thanks, I'll just get another display then. Found some suppliers on alibaba, any other tips?
http://bigstone-nj.com/product This is the producer right?

The supplier gave this display to work with the motor/controller set but this also does not work together if I understand correctly. Is there a way to program the controller with USB and computer and some creative wiring with a multimeter?

Attachments

Last edited:

Advertisers