MPF 5.3 motor sensors, electric drawing

BertPadding

Just Joined
Jul 1, 2020
Hi there, my MPF 5.3 motor stopped working. I dismantled it completely but couldn’t find any problem. Now I like to check the sensors, but need an electric drawing, or at least some help to know what is what. Does anyone know how to find out what the embedded part next to the motorshaft can be? see picture, thanks, Bert127ABF92-CDF7-432F-9D3F-E5829FBBCE74.jpeg

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I don't understand you guys. What is it, a Holzman inkblot test to see how nuts we are?

If you want help, gives photos that actually show what you have.

The white connector is the motor hall sensors, the long black blob the torque sensor (guess) and the other one a cadence sensor (guess).

You might be able to test the motor with a standard self-learning ebike controller if you can figure out that white connector, If it has 6 wires, one is probably a temperature sensor. Where are the phase wires?

BertPadding

Just Joined
Jul 1, 2020
Thanks VFR400, you are right about picture quality. I give it another try: The torque sensor, to sense you're really put force on the pedals, works: 5V input on red/black gives an output on green, depending on the distance from magnet to sensor. The hall sensors: put 5V on red/black, I don't get signal on white or green. Connected wrong? The 6 wires close to the motorshaft: no signal at all. Should be at least some hall sensors, since they are very close to the rotor of the motor. I think, maybe temp. as well. Any idea how to connect in order to check? foto1.jpgfoto2.jpg

rupkev

Just Joined
Jul 18, 2021
I don't understand you guys. What is it, a Holzman inkblot test to see how nuts we are?

If you want help, gives photos that actually show what you have.

The white connector is the motor hall sensors, the long black blob the torque sensor (guess) and the other one a cadence sensor (guess).

You might be able to test the motor with a standard self-learning ebike controller if you can figure out that white connector, If it has 6 wires, one is probably a temperature sensor. Where are the phase wires?
Thanks VFR400, you are right about picture quality. I give it another try: The torque sensor, to sense you're really put force on the pedals, works: 5V input on red/black gives an output on green, depending on the distance from magnet to sensor. The hall sensors: put 5V on red/black, I don't get signal on white or green. Connected wrong? The 6 wires close to the motorshaft: no signal at all. Should be at least some hall sensors, since they are very close to the rotor of the motor. I think, maybe temp. as well. Any idea how to connect in order to check? View attachment 36623View attachment 36624
Hello BertPedding,

I also have a MPF 5.3 that stopt working, so I opened it up and also can find nothing broken.

I hope you or someone else found some more information how the wiring connections from the motor hall, Pas and torque sensors are.
Or a what causes the problem of not working, any information is welcome.

Hope to hear from you.

Regards

Rob

Last edited:

Advertisers