muc off bike cleaner why you should never use it

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0044_01.JPG
the bottle has been leaking from the nozzle down the finger trigger and if not removed it is like fkn paint stripper ! so if you do use it make dam sure you have removed all of it as if 1 bit is left in a hard to get place it will eat the paint away and fast as it has done the above in a few days if that!

• Useful
Reactions: Woosh

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
It's always raining here it'll get washed off!
but why would you wash a bike with something that is corrosive and pay for it! warm water and a bit of fairy liquid does just fine what i use ;)

Laser Man

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2018
Michelmersh SO51
Fairy liquid has lots of salt in it - leads to corrosion!

Better to use car shampoo.

Reactions: E-Wheels

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
I've bought some Muc_Off and used it once, I may split the bottle and go 50/50 with water if it's that bad but Googling "Is Muc Off Corrosive" yielded results from 8-9 years ago mainly. Maybe it's changed? If it's leaked unnoticed and corroded something I'd expect that, I've seen homebrew cider do that lol.....Anyway, the instructions are to wet, spray and leave for a minute or two and rinse off thoroughly.
I remove my battery and use a rubber terminal cover to protect the pins while I rinse the bike and don't put any degreaser/cleaner near the bearings/crankshaft, but I'm not shying from rinsing it properly around the rest of the motor....Did 44km today and it was manky....reckon a good rinse with water is what it most needs with the occasional "proper" clean including the chain (Ordered some Park MasterLock Pliers from CRC for £10.99...oh and a tubeless conversion kit too in the post...and some 160mm cranks)