Mud flaps

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
recently fitted a pair of SKS full length mudguards to my Freego Eagle. Fed up of getting wet feet and badger stripe up back. They did not come with flaps so are only partially successful. So am thinking of fitting some. however they are not that easy to find so was wondering if anyone has ideas for home made ones

gray

Gdread

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2012
Staffordshire
Hi - you can buy them on ebay search for item number: 190746941823 alternatively motorcycle inner tubes can be cut up to make them?

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I recently had to do this on my Swift Xootr (20" wheels). Used a Brompton flap for the front and cut an old MTB clip on mudguard one down and riveted it to the back. I guess I could have used a Brompton one for the back too.

The guards themselves are some NOS really wide lightweight aluminum ones I have had for a while which are needed for my 2" wide Big Apples. Whilst they appear to fully cover the wheels its amazing how much muck is still chucked up.

These flaps now keep all the crud down on my commute.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
4" dpc (damp proof course) made a useful flap for the rear of mine, to stop the granddaughter's trail buggy getting filled with grit & mud.

Cabo

Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2012
Belfast
4" dpc (damp proof course) made a useful flap for the rear of mine, to stop the granddaughter's trail buggy getting filled with grit & mud.
Did for me.
Just cut to size and glued with impact adhesive on the plastic mudguards.Mudflap-1 (1).jpgMudflap-1 (2).jpg

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
thanks guys. Got some of that damp course thingy stuff lying around. Will have a look at that