Mudflaps for e bike

Cube man

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 8, 2020
I purchased a Cube Kathmandu recently. The mudguards are to short (as is usual with a lot of e bikes). Has anyone had experience of Fahrer mudflaps to extend the mudguards?

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I purchased a Cube Kathmandu recently. The mudguards are to short (as is usual with a lot of e bikes). Has anyone had experience of Fahrer mudflaps to extend the mudguards?
I had the same problem on a previous e-bike. I got given a piece of rubber sheet, stiff and about 6mm thick. I simply removed the original flap, used it as a template, made it longer, cut it out and used the old rivet holes with short stainless steel bolts and locknuts.
It did have a negative side when pushing (or riding) the bike up or down steps, it caught on each step. I had to shorten it to stop that.....annoying. But it still did the job well as it was still a lot longer and wider than the original.
I hope that helps you further.
Andy

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
If you look at photos of old bikes, they all had proper mudguards. Just why this fashion thing about cheap looking short mudguards came about baffles me.

Cube man

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 8, 2020
I had the same problem on a previous e-bike. I got given a piece of rubber sheet, stiff and about 6mm thick. I simply removed the original flap, used it as a template, made it longer, cut it out and used the old rivet holes with short stainless steel bolts and locknuts.
It did have a negative side when pushing (or riding) the bike up or down steps, it caught on each step. I had to shorten it to stop that.....annoying. But it still did the job well as it was still a lot longer and wider than the original.
I hope that helps you further.
Andy
Thanks Andy - Mat
I have knocked up my mark one using a Karndean floor tile With a flap shape cut out and attached using cable ties as per Fahrer instructions. It’s not the sexiest looking flap but if this works then the mark two will be something looking a bit better.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Thanks Andy - Mat
I have knocked up my mark one using a Karndean floor tile With a flap shape cut out and attached using cable ties as per Fahrer instructions. It’s not the sexiest looking flap but if this works then the mark two will be something looking a bit better.
Perfect!