Mudguards

kwesi taylor

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 11, 2016
hemel hempstead
I have a Haibike Sduro Cross SL, managed to go all winter commuting to work, but don't fancy facing another season of a wet behind / face.
Can anyone reccommend what full mudguards i can fit. I did try some SKS, but the bike doesn't have the correct fittings

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I have a Haibike Sduro Cross SL, managed to go all winter commuting to work, but don't fancy facing another season of a wet behind / face.
Can anyone reccommend what full mudguards i can fit. I did try some SKS, but the bike doesn't have the correct fittings
Google mudhugger.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
What are those on the front+frame and do your feet not get sprayed when at speed?
On the down-tube is a splash-guard. If that's what you mean? It keeps the frame, me and the battery from suffering some splash-back.

I can't say that my feet have ever got particularly soaked. But I often wear hiking boots which have a gortex sock in them. Or wellies.

IMG_7542.JPG

Last edited:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Look at it this way.. the SKS type of mudguards will keep you and the bike dry and free of muck up better than most.
But
With no mounting points you can only rely on zip ties or mountain bike type guards, some of which are useless and some good. The mudhugger guards are at the expensive end of the spectrum and your feet and lower legs will get wet but appropriate footwear will make this not too much of an issue.
I use SKS on my road bike and they are brilliant and mudhuggers on my mtb and wouldnt change either.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Related Articles

Advertisers