MXUS Mx01a Advice

Maninthenorth

Just Joined
Nov 15, 2015
Hi,

I've just acquired an Mxus mx01a hub motor. I'm told its a 270rpm 36v 350w version. It doesn't have a controller, PAS or lcd. Can anyone recommend what I need, spec and where to get it from?

I'm planning on using a 36 or 48 volt Samsung 30q battery (15 or 12ah respectively) and would like to top out at around 20mph.

I'm 75kg, fairly fit and like to (want to) pedal when I cycle. I live and cycle in Highland Perthshire so hills are par for the course up here. The motor will be installed on 26" steel framed hard tail mtb.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a controller and best voltage to use? I've been looking at BMS Battery but not sure which controller I'd need from them for this motor. The Mxus website isn't great for finding controller specs.

Thanks in anticipation. The advice on this forum has been a great help to date.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Controller will be a sine wave, I do remember d8veh saying the Mxus can take 20a but didn't like it much and it was happier at 17/18a but that might have been 250w he was talking about, the 350 should be all right with 18-22a. 36v should get you to 19 mph/28km/h 48v 35-40km/h , if you use 48v expect torque increase of 20-25% and about +4 mph. If you use the 36v 09 battery then BMSB do a integrated 20a controller kit for it and you just swap out the pin unit at the bottom held on by a nut & bolt, the kit has LCD, PAS, Throttle and break cut offs as well.
But it does need a small fairly easy mod to add a speed sensor which is on the forum some where.
GBK do the same kit with 18a controller or 36v Panasonic one inc all the other kit bits.

Last edited:

Maninthenorth

Just Joined
Nov 15, 2015
Controller will be a sine wave, I do remember d8veh saying the Mxus can take 20a but didn't like it much and it was happier at 17/18a but that might have been 250w he was talking about, the 350 should be all right with 18-22a. 36v should get you to 19 mph/28km/h 48v 35-40km/h , if you use 48v expect torque increase of 20-25% and about +4 mph. If you use the 36v 09 battery then BMSB do a integrated 20a controller kit for it and you just swap out the pin unit at the bottom held on by a nut & bolt, the kit has LCD, PAS, Throttle and break cut offs as well.
But it does need a small fairly easy mod to add a speed sensor which is on the forum some where.
GBK do the same kit with 18a controller or 36v Panasonic one inc all the other kit bits.
Thanks Nealh,

Much appreciated.

Do you think the following set-up would work well with the motor?

1) Controller - http://www.ev-power.eu/EVBike-electric-bikes/E-bike-conversion-kit-Controler-and-accesories-36V-48V-22A.html?cur=1

(I haven't read much on the Forum about ev-power as a company, but their service must be easier/quicker than ordering from China and no VAT to pay!).

and

2) Battery - http://www.eclipsebikes.com/12ah-lithium-frame-battery-samsung-cells-p-1121.html

Thanks.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The battery is the new HL/08 style so no problem with that, the only issue is whether they actually have them in stock other wise Eclipse are mentioned a lot on here and seem very good to deal with. The controller kit looks std Chinese components so again should be ok, nice plug and play connectors as you say EV not mentioned on here before thanks for the link. All combo's are trial and error but in the whole most work if the components are fairly well matched and the mxus should be capable of 48v with out much fuss. If you go ahead and buy do let us know how it performs.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
T
(I haven't read much on the Forum about ev-power as a company, but their service must be easier/quicker than ordering from China and no VAT to pay!).
They look to be in Czech Rep. so you will have to pay Czech VAT not UK VAT as when you import from China.