My bike shop has gone to Paris

Bikerbob

Pedelecer
May 10, 2007
Isle of Man
Up till now I've refrained from mentioning Mark Cavendish's exploits this year. However an indication of the impact here on the Isle of Man is that the proprietor of my excellent local bike shop is closing up and treating all his staff to a trip to Paris to watch the last stage. Obviously they are hoping to see Mark win the stage, but I dare say they will have a good time anyway!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Fingers crossed for Mark's ambition on that last stage. Bradley Wiggins exploits have taken the emphasis away from Mark at the moment, but it will switch back if Mark succeeds.

We may all be expecting a bit too much too soon though, they're both still young with years of improvement left in them, and the real excitement could be in two to three years time. 2012 could be the really big one, coinciding with the Olympics.

fcurran

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2007
Bath
www.powabyke.com
What a fantastic tour for both riders. Mark won the final stage yesterday to finish a record equalling 6th stage win and Bradley Wiggins finished 4th in the overall standings! Without doubt this has been the best tour for the Brits in over 20 years!

Great news for British cycling!

Advertisers