My bikes stopped

2 zed

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 19, 2011
Hi I have been running a Rush Trek for the last 18 months but it has died on me and I really dont know why, I dont have the skills to check the motor or controller, so I was wondering if any one knew of an electric bike repair shop in or around Gloucester.

Thanks

Colin.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Where did you get it? Is there any warranty?

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Hi I have been running a Rush Trek for the last 18 months but it has died on me and I really dont know why, I dont have the skills to check the motor or controller, so I was wondering if any one knew of an electric bike repair shop in or around Gloucester.

Thanks

Colin.
Colin,

It's possible I may be able to help you with your Rush Trek, I'm in Swindon.

Only a small number of these machines were sold in this country, but even then there were some slight changes made to the electrics. So as to identify which control system you have, could you post the serial number of the bike. This can be found on the under-side of the bottom bracket, the housing the pedal shaft goes through.

Was the Trek purchased new or second-hand ?.

All the best
Bob

2 zed

Mar 19, 2011
Hi Kitchenman, I have had the bike for 18months so one year warranty expired now bought new from a dealer in Lincoln.

Hi Blewit, Have sent you a rather long pm.

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Are you sure the warranty is only 1 year as the current treks is 3 years for the electrics and 5 years for the frame etc.

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Is it made by Trek, or completely separate bike? Done a Google for it and cannot see it, why did they stop selling it?

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Yep, found some pictures, looks a pretty decent electric bike.

2 zed

Mar 19, 2011
Rush

It is Overlander, I have always found it comfortable and enjoyable to ride and it was I feel good value, as to why it is no longer available I do not know but there are no spares out there which makes it difficult to overhaul.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Yep, found some pictures, looks a pretty decent electric bike.
Yes, they were especially suited to shorter riders, the compressed diamond frame provided just about the lowest seat height possible with 26" wheels. My own machine was usually ridden by a friend who is barely 5' 1" in height. As you can see in the photo, I have to raise the seat to maximum when I ride the machine.

(That's strange, the photo isn't showing)

Member 2 zed is bringing his machine down to my home where I can check the function of the control system. Fingers and toes are crossed in the hope the Victory Sincerity torque sensor and controller are still functioning, these two items would be very difficult to source should they prove faulty.

My gut feeling is the inhibitor circuit is closed which will be easy to trace and rectify.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
That's the one Chris. :eek:

PC's are going haywire just lately, postings disappearing overnight, pics not showing.

Must be those darned pixies living at the bottom of my garden. :confused:

Ronnie1

Apr 2, 2018
UK
I have this bike!, I bought it second hand without a working battery as a bit of a project, it is a thing of beauty but I never got around to it lol, the build quality is far and away better than the new bike I bought when I came into some money unexpectantly {always the best way}