Help! My CX3 needs new disc pads

Steve10w

Just Joined
Jun 23, 2019
My pads are worn out. Can't find the make Katour with google search.
Any alternatives that fit.
Do cyclomatic have an online spares store. I can't find one

Raboa

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2014
Hi, can you take the old pads out / take a photo of them. Once you know the make / part number of the brake pads you can buy them in most online / bike shops.

This might help.

Reactions: Andy-Mat

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi, can you take the old pads out / take a photo of them. Once you know the make / part number of the brake pads you can buy them in most online / bike shops.

This might help.

Good move, well put, exactly what I did for my e-bike.
regards
Andy

Leecleary89

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 14, 2019
Hi Steve10W, I have a cyclamatic Cx3 and was struggling to find replacement pads for them. I took them off and went to several bike shops that had literally every size /type but the ones I wanted.

The way I got around it was to purchase a caliper like the one in the link I've pasted below from ebay. Only cost £6.95 and came with brand new pads fitted. It's very easy to change too, took me around 5-10 minutes and brakes were sorted. Hope this helps mate.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi Steve10W, I have a cyclamatic Cx3 and was struggling to find replacement pads for them. I took them off and went to several bike shops that had literally every size /type but the ones I wanted.

The way I got around it was to purchase a caliper like the one in the link I've pasted below from ebay. Only cost £6.95 and came with brand new pads fitted. It's very easy to change too, took me around 5-10 minutes and brakes were sorted. Hope this helps mate.

I did the same after Sunlight destroyed a plastic part (the adjuster) of my front brake caliper. Which I repaired with metal parts I made and replaced it back on my bike after a few days.
The cheap caliper I bought worked well,and funnily enough, it even has the same brake pads as my originals do, and will replace the rear one when its plastic bits fall apart!!
I think that I would go as far to say that anyone with disk brakes, who has the slightest problem with them, a new cheapo alternative to hand, is a quick way to get biking again, till a proper repair is possible, or just leave it like that!! The pictures are of my original caliper with plastic and the repaired one using an Allen key for adjustments, that works just fine!
regards
Andy
SAM_1452 - Copy.JPGSAM_1470.JPG