My dream ebike

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Despite the enormous choice of ebikes, there is one that I keep coming back to as my dream machine.

It's a Riese and Muller Charger GX Rohloff.

There's lots to like about it, the Rohloff/enclosed chain transmission should be about as long lasting and low maintenance as it's possible to get.

The factory fit front carrier is a bit butcher's bike, but would be a handy place to carry a spare battery, in an appropriately retro styled Carradice bag.

The Bosch CX motor has a bit more grunt than my Bosch bikes which would be nice to have, although I manage OK with what I've got.

Not so keen on the sus fork, but I would hope it's a decent one.

The 650b tyres would be fine for my trekking use, and slightly handier than 700c/29er when it comes to putting the bike in the back of the car.

Flat mudguards and a bit of clearance should mean they don't clog, which is a problem with the close fitting guards on my current bikes.

There's room in the triangle for a bottle cage - a small point, but it's frustrating having to dig into a pannier or other bag when I want to stop for a quick slurp.

All-in-all, the Charger looks an excellent package.

No doubt David from Amps will be along shortly to tell me how my dream could be realised, and at what enormous cost.

In the meantime, what is your dream ebike?

Chrager Rohloff.1.jpg

http://en.r-m.de/bike/charger-gx-rohloff/

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
It certainly looks strong and purposeful. It kind of reminds me of the Condor pedal mtb that the Swiss army use.

I can't currently think of a dream bike, so I guess that I must be pretty happy with my current choice of both bike and brand. :)

I can certainly think of a few brands of bike that I wouldn't want to own though.

Last edited:

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Despite the enormous choice of ebikes, there is one that I keep coming back to as my dream machine.

It's a Riese and Muller Charger GX Rohloff.

There's lots to like about it, the Rohloff/enclosed chain transmission should be about as long lasting and low maintenance as it's possible to get.

The factory fit front carrier is a bit butcher's bike, but would be a handy place to carry a spare battery, in an appropriately retro styled Carradice bag.

The Bosch CX motor has a bit more grunt than my Bosch bikes which would be nice to have, although I manage OK with what I've got.

Not so keen on the sus fork, but I would hope it's a decent one.

The 650b tyres would be fine for my trekking use, and slightly handier than 700c/29er when it comes to putting the bike in the back of the car.

Flat mudguards and a bit of clearance should mean they don't clog, which is a problem with the close fitting guards on my current bikes.

There's room in the triangle for a bottle cage - a small point, but it's frustrating having to dig into a pannier or other bag when I want to stop for a quick slurp.

All-in-all, the Charger looks an excellent package.

No doubt David from Amps will be along shortly to tell me how my dream could be realised, and at what enormous cost.

In the meantime, what is your dream ebike?

View attachment 13812

http://en.r-m.de/bike/charger-gx-rohloff/
Very nice Rob but I would miss the rear suspension of my Delite. It works much more than the front and smooths out the poor road/trails.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
go-one.jpg

With a Rohloff hub and a "250 W" BBS01 at 18 Amps

When I am out and about in kinder weather and on public transport a Montague folding road bike with either a hub or a mid-drive.

Reactions: trex

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Very nice Rob but I would miss the rear suspension of my Delite. It works much more than the front and smooths out the poor road/trails.
It was a toss-up between the Charger and the Delite.

I like my bikes right but am also lazy, so on balance I prefer the simplicity of a hard tail.

The Charger will also be a bit lighter, which is relevant to me when manhandling the bike through the dozens of restrictor gates we have around here.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol