my kt 17amp controller has arrived but is square wave not sine wrong connections

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
hello all I have elifeshop 350w rear hub moter with lcd3 display , 15amp controller jullet connecters.

having blown one controller doing a shunt mod, I decided to order a 36/48 6 mosfet sinewave controller
and led 890 basic handlebar unit controller kt 36/48 svpr-17a ordered?
received package today controller is bigger than the 15 amp unit in kit.
I then notice I have controller kt 36/48 wsrmh-17a 9 mosfet square wave controller , the last part of controller model blacked out with flopen.

although jullet connecters I have a pas/throttle/ and moter lead from 250w hub kit which had a kt controller.

the led 890 has jullet and normal connector.

however looking at moter lead and new 17 controller I am snookered as they are not the same.

its possible I clicked on square wave as well as sine wave when ordering cannot tell as no info in parcel or exact details on psw power.

although I asked twice if there was a jullet vertion of 17amp controller received no reply.

also on psw mention of connect 3 moter wires to square wave controller???
not sure if a moter DSCF1639.JPG DSCF1639.JPG DSCF1640.JPG DSCF1641.JPG lead to kt controller is available (uk)

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Did you open it to check the number of Mosfets? Maybe they didn't have any labels in stock when they assembled it?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You got what you ordered, inadvertently you have ordered the wrong controller. 9 mos sq wave is a lot larger then 6 mos sinewave due to the fact of more mos's in a line.
Non of their offerings are Julet on the web site, julet are usually spec'd by kit suppliers for ease of fitting and neatness.

Last edited:

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
That looks like one of their 9 FET torque simulation controllers. Square wave and sensorless. It will run your sensored motor, but it's not what you ask for is it?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have always got what I ordered whether on their website or via Aliexp. The Yose should work ok but will be nosier in use due to the controller.

D

Deleted member 4366

You can check what you ordered in your Paypal, by the order confirmation email or by putting your invoice number in the order status box on the PSWP website. On the surface, it looks like you clicked the wrong one.

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
thanks all
looking at new controller what I thought was something to do with moter connecter was in fact the connecter for the led 890.
as I might have ordered the wrong controller in error .
and it is definitely larger.

looking at controller 3 large wires yellow /blue/green do I connect to the smaller y/b/g on moter cable.

I cant recall what the white fat 6 lead connecter was for on the moter lead.
DSCF1642.JPG

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
wheelie pete did you get directed to choice of shipping option after ordering? my shipping costs came to 24usd ?

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
6 lead connector on motor lead is for the sensors, but the controller runs without them. Yes think I choose the slow boat for about £15. Ordered on Aliexpress.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
wheelie pete did you get directed to choice of shipping option after ordering? my shipping costs came to 24usd ?
I find it's cheaper using Aliexp, shipping is a lot cheaper.
My last SW dual volt model was < $32 inc delivery & SQ/W dual volt model was < $35 inc delivery.

• Agree
Reactions: wheeliepete

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Shipping on their website is a fair bit more than Ali, but gets here a bit quicker I expect. My 1st order, so I cannot compare.

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
checked order no on psw website but does not give the info just sent status.
will check paypal.

my order was controller +lcd and seem to have a pas sensor in parcel
cost 73usd £50

will check out alie express have used them years ago but not for anything ebike related

D

Deleted member 4366

6 lead connector on motor lead is for the sensors, but the controller runs without them. Yes think I choose the slow boat for about £15. Ordered on Aliexpress.
You need to pick up the speed signal from the white wire on the 6-way and the red and black wires need to be powered with 5v to get the signal. I'd make an adapter cable by cutting off the 6-way from the defunkt controller and joining the red black and white wires directly to the three on the speed sensor connector after cutting off that connector.

That's all assuming that the motor has a speed sensor.

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
thanks all
looking on alie express I found psw 17amp 36/48 controller
kt 36/48 svpr-hrdo1
33 dollar total 30-40 days shipping

Last edited:

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
DSCF1643.JPG DSCF1643.JPG double checking A is speed sensor lead from new controller red/white/black to B moter lead red /white /black cut both off and solder? the 3 wires

D

Deleted member 4366

That will work, but then you won't be able to use the motor connector on a replacement controller.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
hi all
will this work I have removed jullet controller to moter lead from controller with fried mosfet.
if I connect y/g/blue with bullet conecters to the 3 female y/g/b .
on controller.
then red/white/black to the white 3 wire connector on controller/

I do not know what the 3 pin connectors are called, thinking I could order a pair and connect up?P1060371.JPG