My light set up

Raboa

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2014
Hi, as the dark mornings and nights are coming in I thought I would share my light set up. I keep the Hi Viz bands on all year to alert other road users to my presence. The picture was taken inside so might not show full effect.

Lights
Front: Exposure Trace
Rear: Exposure Trace and Spanninga Elips (rack light, does not have a flashing mode).
Hi Viz bands - cannot remember where I them from, they have flashing LEDs but the non replaceable batteries have ran out. If I was to buy them again I would try and make sure the batteries were replaceable so you could have flashing LEDs as well.

The front just have the one light so no picture, not that interesting.

The rear has the Exposure Tracer attached to the seat post and the Spanninga Elips attached the rear rack. The idea behind the Hi Viz band pattern was that this format attracts the human eye.

I hope this helps somebody.

Attachments

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I think you may have a problem with those straps covering your rear reflector as its a legal requirement, and though highly unlikely it just takes one having a bad day/looking for an easy target cop to cause you to get a fine.

Like the rear, small but powerful.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You've probably worked out some solution already but - a couple of reusable zipties holding the straps to the back of the rack, at either side of the reflector, should do keep view of it clear?

Last edited:

Advertisers