My new mountain e bike

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
I bought this Carrera Kraken at a recent Halford's sale and fitted a Oxydrive CST kit. Fitting the kit was,nt to difficult. The wheel accepted the disc and cassette well and with a little shimming fits well. The chainset that came with the bike (a Suntour) did,nt leave enough room for the pas sensor so I fitted an old LX chainset that I had lying around. this chainset is a lot lighter than the Suntour steel one and has a 32/42 chainring so giving me a nice 18 speed set up.I made a few changes with a marathon plus mtb rear which hopefully will keep the punctures at bay.A higher stem,my old Brooks B17 and a carrier with daybag brings the weight to around 21kgs.I have been getting over 30 miles on day rides which for my 100+kgs is fine for the kind of trips into the hills I have been doing.IMG_20160602_104531644.jpg IMG_20160609_124852642.jpg

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I bought this Carrera Kraken at a recent Halford's sale and fitted a Oxydrive CST kit. Fitting the kit was,nt to difficult. The wheel accepted the disc and cassette well and with a little shimming fits well. The chainset that came with the bike (a Suntour) did,nt leave enough room for the pas sensor so I fitted an old LX chainset that I had lying around. this chainset is a lot lighter than the Suntour steel one and has a 32/42 chainring so giving me a nice 18 speed set up.I made a few changes with a marathon plus mtb rear which hopefully will keep the punctures at bay.A higher stem,my old Brooks B17 and a carrier with daybag brings the weight to around 21kgs.I have been getting over 30 miles on day rides which for my 100+kgs is fine for the kind of trips into the hills I have been doing.View attachment 14377 View attachment 14376
I had a carara kraken a few years back and looking at this i wish I had kept it..

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Hi
I put a oxydrive kit on my old mtb just over a year ago and what a blast it was, and I got the bug big time and I just got me a lapierre overvolt fs500.
My old bike I have gave to the other half for her to ride.

I have had 2 kits from oxydrive in the past and never had a problem.

Enjoy your ride.

Steve.

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
No probs and I'm sure you will be more than happy with the kit, cuss I know I was but I just got the e-bike bug and went out and spent a shed load of money on a new bike, but I get that much fun out of it

Reactions: chris130256

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
I was considering the same cst kit whats it like for hill climbing and power on the flat
thank you

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
My one will go up any hill and it's great on the flat, but you do have to pedal
This is not the kit to have if you just want to sit back and use the throttle.

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
As Steve says very good on the hills with strong assistance. On setting 3 it flies up gradients about 10/12% and on the flat setting 2 makes it easy to average 13 mph. Mine is the 350w kit and it is very neat with an integral controller in the battery case.

Related Articles

Advertisers