My new wisper 806 torque folding bike.

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Wednesday morning at 8.45 am a van arrived. The very nice man opened the back to reveal.a very, very large box. Once it was leaniing up against my garage door, I realised what it was. It was my new 806 torque.

The box was undamaged and once opened revealed a very well packed bike. Even the pedals were attached. First impressions were that the bike was larger than I imagined it would be. My non electric folder is only a 14 inch frame and the 806 has a 20 Inch frame. The handle bars were also set quite high, giving an overall feeling that the bike was enormous.

Once the handle bars were lowered however, it looked fine, and not too big. The bike is clearly well made and is strong and sturdy and robust. It is a very nice classy looking bike indeed.

However there were a couple of problems. First, the back wheel was slightly too far forward and the chain was a bit slack. This took just a couple of minutes to adjust.

The second problem was more serious. The top half of the control box holding the electronics which is the part that the battery slides Into was broken. There are two screws that screw up from the bottom half of the control box and holds both halves together. Both of the screws were broken, and the upper half of the box was hanging loose. All of the electronics were visible. Maybe it was broken during transit, but I can't see that happening to be honest.

However, I sent an email to wisper support and within 10 minutes recieved an email telling me that a new top half was being sent and it should reach me this afternoon. So, fast response from wisper. Many thanks.

The battery. Also needed to be charged as it was showing just one bar. However, it only took a couple of hours at most to re charge.

Overall I am happy with my new bike. It is well made, looks good. The handle bars have a good feel to them. I liike the rubberized handles. The locking mechanism for the folding parts are also strong and look very durable.

I havnt been able to give the bike test ride yet, but once I am able to, I will do a follow on review.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Clara,

Sorry to hear of the issues, it sounds as if the bike was a bit shaken up in transit.

The new controller cover will have been despatched by now but I imagine Claud meant it would be with you tomorrow afternoon. It would have been sent first class guaranteed next day.

Did you buy the bike through Ebikes Direct?

If you have any other issues please let me know.

Kind regards

David

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Hi david. Indeed it was through ebikes direct. Thanks for letting me know about the spare part arriving tomorrow.

Even with the problem, it is a lovely looking bike. I'm very impressed by it. I can't wait to get out on it.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Clara, I am a little upset that the bike had a problem, but Ebikes are a great company, it will have been nothing to do with their preparation, more likely Tuffnells are to blame!

If you have any problems fitting the cove give Claud a call and he will talk you through it.

Don't forget to start off in level one, the bike has a lot of torque!

Kind regards

David

Reactions: cyberdyne_systems

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Dont worry. These things happen david. And yes, I remember you're advice to start on level one. Lol

cyberdyne_systems

Pedelecer
May 8, 2016
Surrey
Thanks for sharing your initial thoughts, look forward to the full review.

Annoying that something was broken, but the customer service to resolve it sound good

Reactions: Clara

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Customer service was fast and excellent. New part arrived Saturday and will be fitted today.

These things do happen no matter what you buy, and ebikes are large and heavy items to post and with the best will in the world accidents do happen.

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Here is an update and review of my new wisper.806 torque. The new cover arrived Saturday morning and was duly fitted.

Today was the first day I have had a chance to try the bike out. I went to quIet lane and heeding David's advice, I made sure the power was on the lowest level.

The switches are all easy to reach and easy to use. The LCD screen needs no explanation. It is large and easy to read the numbers even in bright sunlight. There is an on/off switch and a plus and minus switch for Increasing of decreasing the power levels. The gears on the right hand side of the handlebars are easy to read and use, and don't make any clunking noises when changing up or down. Gear changing is very smooth indeed.

The motor is extremely quiet and can hardly be heard at all. Increasing the power you can feel an immediate increase in the power, and you can feel the torque propelling you along.

You still have to do some work, in fact you still get quite work out. However it does flatten the hills and makes the whole experience absolutely great. No longer do I feel that getting my bike out will be a chore and a pain that quite frankly I hated doing. Riding my bike was something I no longer enjoyed.

I absolutely love my new bike. To summarize, its very easy to use, quiet, very responsive,and it feels solid, well made, and rugged.

It is quite heavy as expected and to be honest I don't think I will be trying to get it in and out of my car very often, as I am only 5 foot 3 and not very strong.

However, this bike certainly brought Smile to my face and I can't wait to get back on it. I love this bike.

cyberdyne_systems

Pedelecer
May 8, 2016
Surrey
Good update! Maybe in a while after getting the work out, you'll have the muscle to get it in and out of the car ;).

Look forward to pictures of you out and about in it

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Here is an update and review of my new wisper.806 torque. The new cover arrived Saturday morning and was duly fitted.

Today was the first day I have had a chance to try the bike out. I went to quIet lane and heeding David's advice, I made sure the power was on the lowest level.

The switches are all easy to reach and easy to use. The LCD screen needs no explanation. It is large and easy to read the numbers even in bright sunlight. There is an on/off switch and a plus and minus switch for Increasing of decreasing the power levels. The gears on the right hand side of the handlebars are easy to read and use, and don't make any clunking noises when changing up or down. Gear changing is very smooth indeed.

The motor is extremely quiet and can hardly be heard at all. Increasing the power you can feel an immediate increase in the power, and you can feel the torque propelling you along.

You still have to do some work, in fact you still get quite work out. However it does flatten the hills and makes the whole experience absolutely great. No longer do I feel that getting my bike out will be a chore and a pain that quite frankly I hated doing. Riding my bike was something I no longer enjoyed.

I absolutely love my new bike. To summarize, its very easy to use, quiet, very responsive,and it feels solid, well made, and rugged.

It is quite heavy as expected and to be honest I don't think I will be trying to get it in and out of my car very often, as I am only 5 foot 3 and not very strong.

However, this bike certainly brought Smile to my face and I can't wait to get back on it. I love this bike.

Thanks Clara, I am so pleased you are enjoying your Wisper, we are very proud of the new models.

May I use your comments in my marketing.

Kind regards, David

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Just an update on my 806 torque. I have ridden approx 80 miles so far and the bike has performed flawlessly. It has managed every hill and challenge I have asked of it and I have been getting a great deal of interest in the bike by a number of people either in car parks, or people who have stopped to ask me about the bike.

Im extremity happy with the 806. Its a fantastic bike, and the more I ride it the more I love it.