my poor introduction to pedelecs

glastry

Just Joined
Sep 7, 2021
I apologise immediately, the word halfords ,provoked me - it should not have happened.
i came to the site to help decide on buying another electric bike.
My initial purchase has been a failure and i suspect that i should have bought from a "local" reputable bike shop.
That said , it would seem that the benefits of online sales are huge- bearing in mind the apparent current bike shortage, i wondered what people were doing to buy a new bike?

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I apologise immediately, the word halfords ,provoked me - it should not have happened.
My initial purchase has been a failure and i suspect that i should have bought from a "local" reputable bike shop.
That said , it would seem that the benefits of online sales are huge- bearing in mind the apparent current bike shortage, i wondered what people were doing to buy a new bike?
I don't think you are alone in being angered by the mention of Halfrauds, but as Gringo pointed out to you, the service you get varies wildly from branch to branch. You are right to think that buying from a local shop is prob. the best route as far as after sales service goes, but choice is limited at the moment. Buying online usually means more choice and often a bit cheaper, but then any problems you may have often mean shipping your bike back to the supplier, meaning you can be left without your bike for an extended period. Also local shops are often reluctant to sort problems on bikes they have not supplied even if they sell the same make. Take a look at Woosh and Wisper bikes, who both post here and have excellent CS.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's not often a poster whether existing or new apologises are after berating or insulting another in a reply, kudos for coming clean and you will earn respect from forum users for doing so.