Nano brompton

barrycoll

Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2009
I have an early nano brompton that has not been used for quite some time. However after a long battery charge it worked fine to get me 6 miles to get my car serviced, but wouldnt start at all when picking the car up, even after a days battery charge and lights coming on at throttle.

It seemed to be the thumb throttle that has always been a bit dodgy, but decided to

a. ebay the bike
b take it to the e- shop in Nth London to get the throttle changed

However at the bike shop, the problem now seemed to be the controller, and so the costs of replacing this item to the worth of the bike, would not be less than costs of replacing it (at shop prices)

So I have stripped off the electrics except for the brake cut out levers, for which I no longer have the original levers, although put the original front wheel back with new tyre and tube.

Two questions for our illustrious readers....

What might a non functioning e-kit be worth with an old battery, please???
(anybody interested)

Anybody have 2 original Brompton brake levers for sale, as they have now been upgraded

cheers Barry C.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The upgraded levers have a cantilever action and improve the Brompton's modest braking no end.

I believe they can be retro-fitted, so doing so would be a good upgrade for the bike.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing