Need help with PAS on new kit

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
I just recived The Mxus xf 18 48v 250w kit with 1:8,4 internal gear ratio.The motor works with Walk assist but no reaction when I use the pedal sensor.Any ideas? The display is a bigstone C500. The pas plug only fits one place on the controller.so I belive ut must be LCD settings?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

There are 4 combinations of magnet disc orientation and direction of rotation ( 2 of each}. Test which one works before assembling anything.

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
There are 4 combinations of magnet disc orientation and direction of rotation ( 2 of each}. Test which one works before assembling anything.
I have tried all 4 by hand and also by using an electric drill.no reaction.there are some P an C settings.but I am not sure they are the same as the lcd3. The P1 setting for example is 22 and when using Walk assist the speedometer show about 15kmh but motor is rotating very slow

D

Deleted member 4366

Do you have a different magnet disc to try. I replaced a PAS on a Freego, and the controller wouldn't work with a 12 magnet disc, so I pressed out every other magnet to convert it to a 6 magnet one with which it worked perfectly.

• Informative
Reactions: VictoryV

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
Do you have a different magnet disc to try. I replaced a PAS on a Freego, and the controller wouldn't work with a 12 magnet disc, so I pressed out every other magnet to convert it to a 6 magnet one with which it worked perfectly.
Thanks D8veh.The solution was stupid simple.I was just playing with the LCD when I noticed the word PAS suddenly shoved up under the power level number.and then everything works.I have to hold the + button for some seconds to activate the pas function.I havent seen that before

• Informative
Reactions: VictoryV
D

Deleted member 4366

There must be a setting to switch that on and off. The problem is that there are lots of different software versions - sometimes custom ones, like for Xiongda motors.

b3ckford

Just Joined
Mar 1, 2018
UK
This happened to me on my Volt Bigfoot. (PAS wouldn't engage) Ended up doing a factory reset on the LCD which cured the problem and also unlocked it.