Need help with wires of eFlow Nitro

Lance Young

Just Joined
Nov 25, 2014
Hey, new member. Just bought a bike called an eFlow Nitro. Shopped a long time before I chose it.

I am 6'3" and I needed to raise the handlebars about 4 inches to work with my body ergonomically.

The problem is the wires to the brakes (which cut off the power), the connector to the throttle, and the connector to the display are too short when I raise the handle bar.

I am looking for a way to extend these wires. CurrieTech -- the maker of the bike does not offer a solution. They sell only the "junction wire" which is only one length. No extensions.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. This is the perfect bike for me other than this. I live in Los Angeles if there is any tech out there who can solve the problem.

Thanks so much for your help in advance!

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Hi Lance,

Welcome to the forum.

From the wiring diagram:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6Yj3_-cPkFAdXF6ZWprdElrWFU/edit

First check to see if there is any slack cable contained within the body of the frame to work with, if not, it appears that the connectors are moulded to the cable, suspect them to be of Chinese origination, so unless you can source them - would need to see a closeup of them - the only option appears to be tackling the problem from the controller end and extend the cable that end by splicing in a piece of matching multicore cable.

Last edited:

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
Do you know anyone that can use a soldering iron, extending the wires is a basic job and with heat shrink it will be hard to spot the mod.

Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Concur with Geebee splice and heat shrink, check with dealer first regarding any warranty problems before you act.

Advertisers