need info

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If nine have gone then you are in complete rim rebuild territory in my view.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Should have said a complete wheel re-build or complete rim re-lace both with all new spokes so they are consistent from the same batch/supplier.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
well I'm hoping once I get all new spokes fitted plus true the wheel all will be fine

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Hi all Well I have fitted all the spokes. trued up the wheel as well. tidied up the motor wire. just got to put tyre and tube back, replace wheel on bike all sorted

Andy-Mat
those nipples are not. to do with grease or oil they are brake adjusters so done all that too. tested motor runs ok. so hopefully will be back riding it again

Its all done to a learning things yourself

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Keep an eye on your spoke tension. As Neal said different suppliers/brands etc will behave in different ways, plus you now have old metal and new on the same rim. Sometimes replacing several spokes at the same time can throw the wheel out although it might not be apparent at first if it's all trued up.
Just check every now and then to be sure the wheel stays true.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Keep an eye on your spoke tension. As Neal said different suppliers/brands etc will behave in different ways, plus you now have old metal and new on the same rim. Sometimes replacing several spokes at the same time can throw the wheel out although it might not be apparent at first if it's all trued up.
Just check every now and then to be sure the wheel stays true.

Yes i will keep an eye on it. are you saying then I should have fitted all same spokes on the same wheel then

It seems I must be the only person in UK who has this bike which I do not believe, but as I have searched the internet to no avail so hard to believe no 1 else has the same bike

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Where you sometimes can have a problem (and it's happened to me before now) is that whereas it's ok replacing one or two spokes that have broken, if you get into high numbers it can really put your wheel out of kilter.
The fact that 9 spokes were broken does rather indicate stresses were at work here.
Many enthusiasts would start from scratch and do a rebuild, but if you've never attempted it before it would be a learning curve.
All that said with luck it should be ok, but just check every now and then.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh