need Manuel for this bike

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I know my bike is very old. But I cant find any help on it at all. its called a PHILLIPS with 2 L far as i can tell its by Raleigh, but thats it cant find no model no on bike. I know someone here once sent me a part for the battery connection once. his name was Retired Pete so was wondering if he had same bike

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
Hahaha very funny But I was expecting maybe on this site at least 1 person would know of this bike I think I know its 24v never mind its good to laugh
Wicky may know nothing and be from Barcelona, but I think maybe you are missing the joke;)

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Wicky may know nothing and be from Barcelona, but I think maybe you are missing the joke;)

No Honestly I am not missing the joke. as I like John Cleese sketches very much. But was hoping someone would have seen this bike before I cant be the only person in UK with this bike I cant find no help or Manuel at all for it.

Reactions: E-Wheels

Steve100

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 3, 2017
scotland
I know my bike is very old. But I cant find any help on it at all. its called a PHILLIPS with 2 L far as i can tell its by Raleigh, but thats it cant find no model no on bike. I know someone here once sent me a part for the battery connection once. his name was Retired Pete so was wondering if he had same bike

View attachment 31566
Could it be a Raleigh Select 5 or 6

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Could it be a Raleigh Select 5 or 6
Wow that looks very much same as mine. but back parts look different.

This one has stickers nr the pedals - from the shop it bought from many moons ago?

wow thats it I knew it was about 1999 so this is 1998 close enough also can see its by phillips. and when I bought it, there was a ladies basket on front which i didnt want. its a pity there wasn't more better pictures so i can zoom in. I may try to contact seller. just to ask where they got bike from so maybe then i can find a manuel

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
If you zoom in Bladerunner style on the image you'll see it has a label 'S&S Motors Castletown' who presumably sold it decades ago.

Which leads to a garage in the IoM and lo and behold a cycleshop > https://www.ssmotors.co.im/cycle-shop/

Contact them to see if the old boys have a Manuel who remembers that model

Hi yes I can see now it says s&s motors castletown but when i searched it didnt come up with anything, but now can try them thanks to you EDIT: Just sent them a message where it says contact us. but all I get is
Failed to send your message. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Hi yes sorry I forgot to mention I have now just e-mailed them with a picture of bike. But not 100% confident, they would know or have any details of that bike now

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
yeah looked at that but none of the links work. I expect you need to reg on that other web site