Need two ebikes but which ones ?

maccccc

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 15, 2020
Hello all, I would like to lash myself and the mrs up to ebikes about £1000 each. We have an old motorhome and find our destinations dictated by the surrounding cycle routes and of course we are no spring chickens :) We have in the past had BTWIN step throughs and cannot believe how good they have been simply by putting some shwalbies on them. So another BTWIN for us might seem like an obvious step and I have been checking out the BTWIN elops 900e, but there is very little reviews. I wonder if anyone has one or would recomend alternatives. I am 5'10" 16.5 stone and mrs is 5'1" (never asked what she weighs, but not much :) ) we do between 20-30k cycling every day so pretty fit for oldies.

maccccc

Jun 15, 2020
Thanks Amoto65 ....I should have added we both prefer step through but I shall have a look at those makes too.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks Amoto65 ....I should have added we both prefer step through but I shall have a look at those makes too.
They all have step thru models, add to that Kudos bikes as well.

Reactions: maccccc

brindledog

Apr 22, 2017
Appleton
Hello all, I would like to lash myself and the mrs up to ebikes about £1000 each. We have an old motorhome and find our destinations dictated by the surrounding cycle routes and of course we are no spring chickens :) We have in the past had BTWIN step throughs and cannot believe how good they have been simply by putting some shwalbies on them. So another BTWIN for us might seem like an obvious step and I have been checking out the BTWIN elops 900e, but there is very little reviews. I wonder if anyone has one or would recomend alternatives. I am 5'10" 16.5 stone and mrs is 5'1" (never asked what she weighs, but not much :) ) we do between 20-30k cycling every day so pretty fit for oldies.
If it's any help, we've been delighted with our Juicy bikes. They're about 10 years old, look as good as new. They have been neglected for a couple of years and Juicy Bikes came out, checked them over, tested the batteries and brakes, pronounced them fit to ride and wished us well. I was expecting a recommendation to buy new batteries but it wasn't even suggested.
Brilliant service - beat that, Rolls Royce!

Reactions: JuicyBike

maccccc

Jun 15, 2020
If it's any help, we've been delighted with our Juicy bikes. They're about 10 years old, look as good as new. They have been neglected for a couple of years and Juicy Bikes came out, checked them over, tested the batteries and brakes, pronounced them fit to ride and wished us well. I was expecting a recommendation to buy new batteries but it wasn't even suggested.
Brilliant service - beat that, Rolls Royce!
Many thanks. I have got the mrs a btwin elops 900e for work and if it's ok will get a second (same size might fit me). We have had btwins in the past and have found them to be good value for money and good customer service

Reactions: Poolepete

Poolepete

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2018
Poole
Have fun with the Btwin. It would be great to hear your thoughts on it once you've has it for a while. As you say, not many reviews out there and I'm sure there are many people who will be interested in what you have to say.

maccccc

Jun 15, 2020
Have fun with the Btwin. It would be great to hear your thoughts on it once you've has it for a while. As you say, not many reviews out there and I'm sure there are many people who will be interested in what you have to say.
Will do Pete. Gets delivered on 14th July.

maccccc

Jun 15, 2020
Update - I ordered the elops 900e from Decathlon for the wife size small/medium. Bike arrived and one of the brake cables was kinked splitting the outer sheath. Emailed Decathlon with a photo and they said I could take it to a bike shop of my choice and have it replaced and to send them the bill. Cannot ask for more than that (the customer service comms has been ultra quick). The mrs has been using it for work the last couple of weeks and it has been faultless as you might expect from a new bike. I thought that the size she got might also suit me which is why I only ordered one to try. But it was a tad small for me so, I ordered the large/extra large which arrived today and is spot on. I will do a review in a couple of months after our France trip.....might even do a you tube review. First impressions are ticking all the boxes, tho I will change the tyres to Schwalbe Marathons which have rarely let us down.

Last edited: