New battery

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
These are very reasonably priced:
Quite a decent size and they come with handy feature as they heat themselves when temperature is below 5C. Makes me wonder if one can remove seatpost and saddle, mount it to rack and just seat on it. It would make a very comfortable ride during winter ;)

diverdave

Just Joined
Oct 29, 2023
Thank you all for your interesting replies . Firstly, we are not novices to cycling with 65 years of pleasure cycling under our belts . It was not a mistake buying our two Raleigh e bikes as they have external rear carrier mounted batteries which are easily removed from the rack for charging . Considering we have had the e bikes about six years, I think we have had very good service out of them . We wouldn't buy a frame mounted battery e bike . If anyone knows where we can get a rack mounted battery I would be very interested to hear. Diverdave

diverdave

Just Joined
Oct 29, 2023
Thank you all again. Here is all the information I have on the bike and battery. incidentally, we have had the bikes 4 years not six as previously thought.
It's a Raleigh Array with rack mounted battery. Info on the battery; Model JCEB 360-8.8
Serial number; BYA18020151 Accell Group N.V.N, Suzhou Phylion Battery Co. 36v/8.8Ah/317Wh
Any info on a replacement battery would be appreciated. Maybe a hight capacity one! David

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Thank you all again. Here is all the information I have on the bike and battery. incidentally, we have had the bikes 4 years not six as previously thought.
It's a Raleigh Array with rack mounted battery. Info on the battery; Model JCEB 360-8.8
Serial number; BYA18020151 Accell Group N.V.N, Suzhou Phylion Battery Co. 36v/8.8Ah/317Wh
Any info on a replacement battery would be appreciated. Maybe a hight capacity one! David
IMO it's almost certainly this one for £191. Your original battery is made by Phylion, tradename JoyCube; it's 8.8 Ah. The linked replacement is a good copy with decent cells and a higher capacity of 10.4Ah, so you'd get more range. Many members on this forum have bought batteries from Yose before without issue. Just check the end-on case profile to be sure; Phylion do 3/4 rack-mount batteries which outwardly look quite similar, but case profiles differ slightly so be sure it matches to fit your existing rear rack (Yose stock all the variants).

It's showing out of stock at the moment, but it's very popular and used by several e-bike manufacturers and I'd say Yosepower will almost certainly be restocking soon. They have a UK and EU warehouse and ship from wherever is closest, taxes included.

Advertisers