New bike on the way!

Stradaman

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2018
North West
Hi everyone. Im 33 I own a mountain bike which I used to ride mainly to the gym (10 mile round trip) but since having kids found it more convenient to just drive there, I havent ridden for a while but wanting to get back into it and thought an ebike would be a fun way to jump back in, so a few weeks ago I decided id get one

After a lot of research (Some fantastic info on here by the way) and a few test rides I realised hub motors (as fun as they are) weren't for me so started looking into mid drive motors. In the end i narrowed it down to 2 bikes 1 with Boch's active line motor and another with the Shimano steps E6000. Both sounded good but got a cracking deal on a brand new Grey Raleigh Strada Elite with the steps motor which arrives this Monday.

Super excited about it! But im kicking myself that I didnt spend the extra £200 to get the Strada comp, same bike but has the Di2 electronic gears. Hope i dont regret it.

Anyway im looking forward to sharing my experiences with it and learning more from everyone here!