New bike

Peter Ball

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2015
I'm looking to help my daughter out with a new lecky bike. She's just started a new job looking after and trying to help, shall we say, wayward youngsters. The pay is low, hours very unsociable and it's a round trip of bout 35-40 miles journey each day but she does the job because she likes to think she's helping these kids.

At the moment she's using a lease car but really can't afford to have and run it so, for the last week-10 days she's tried doing the journey on her push bike. I admire the fact that she's even tried it because there are two or three fairly steepish hills on the way but she reckons it's do-able even through the winter months.

We are pensioners so don't have the money to through around but we do admire her spirit and fortitude and would like to help her out. So, with her being just about 5'3" - 5'4" and of average build we were looking at something like the Woosh Santana with the 15ah battery.

Would appreciate advice and thoughts from anyone who has one of these bikes.

Thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Speak to Woosh or have your daughter speak to them direct to find the ideal bike for her from their range. Although mail order/online sales in the main, the service and back up with regards to keeping the bike on the road and the owner happy are damn good. The 15ah range is pretty much ideal with a bit to spare for 35/40 miles.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I'm looking to help my daughter out with a new lecky bike. She's just started a new job looking after and trying to help, shall we say, wayward youngsters.
yeah id tell her to jack it if they cant even pay for a company car id want a fkn machine gun as well just in case only way to teach them a lesson is to cut there toes and fingers off and rip all there teeth out with a pair of pliers
:p

Reactions: VillageIdiotDan

Laser Man

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2018
Michelmersh SO51
Doesn't company car = big tax bill?
The violent bit certainly fits in with wayward youngsters, but perhaps not a very good example to them.

I haven't ridden a Woosh bike, but we do have two bikes fitted with Woosh conversion kits which are brilliant (both the kits themselves and the backup received from Woosh). Really good people to deal with.

Brie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 11, 2019
I’ve just had my bike fitted with a Woosh kit. The conversion cost around £650. Might be worth considering this if her push bike is decent.