New Bosch battery

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
In my quest for longer range I've decided to give one of the German pattern batteries for my Bosch bikes a try.

The one I have is 468wh, about 60wh more than the biggest capacity official battery.

The battery arrived well-packed from Germany, taking only a few days despite the website saying it would be much longer.

I see there's a multi-pin charging port on one side, or at least I assume that's what it is, the instruction leaflet is in German.

It charges fine from my existing charger.

I've only done one ride so far, 55 miles on tour setting which the battery managed with one bar remaining.

The extra range is definitely there, one of my Bosch batteries would conk out after about 40 miles on the same ride.

It could be my Bosch batteries are starting to lose a bit of capacity - they are four years old - but I don't recall ever getting much more than 40 miles out of them.

The new battery may give a bit more range after a few charges, but my experience is lithium batteries tend to perform pretty much to full capacity straight away.

The new battery is slightly lumpier, presumably there's some extra cells in there somewhere.

Well worth the extra bulk for the extra range, and it's a bit cheaper than a Bosch battery.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E-Bike-Ersatzakku-Power-Pack-13-Ah-468-Wh-36V-fur-Bosch-Classic-Unterrohr-/262079812829?hash=item3d052c94dd

Battery.1.jpg

Battery .2.jpg

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: VictoryV and Artstu