May 23, 2015
the batt is 500w not the motor ;)

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
the batt is 500w not the motor ;)
My link states "500 watts of power"!
Rather misleading as it makes no mention of battery.
Here it is...
Those first units, with 300 and 400 watt power outputs, made it possible for riders to retrofit their pure pedal-powered bikes and use them to reach remote, alpine trailheads that they simply don’t have the strength or stamina to reach “on their own”. For 2016, Bosch has upped the power ante to more than 500 tire-shredding watts!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
It's 500 Watt hours not Watts. Expressed as Wh units. Look at it as 'tank capacity'

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
It's 500 Watt hours not Watts. Expressed as Wh units. Look at it as 'tank capacity'
No.It states watts power output.
Nowhere in my link is Wh reffered to,just a really bad interpretation of the original press release.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they could make a 1000w motor but it will have to be restricted to 250w eu law.

and tbh for the price of a 500w batt you prob be able to get 2 400w for the same money thus 100% more range ;)

Reactions: Kinninvie

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
cant remember ed seen it on a forum some where but now cant find it, not be cheap tho :(

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The article doesn't even show the right motor and battery combination.

Where is the price of a 500wh battery?
The price was in one of the Bosch press releases for the 2016 motor.

As said, it was 750 or 800 euro.

bersh

Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2007
In one month, I am planning to buy an electric bike in Paris and bring it back to the US. Based on what is written here about a restriction of 250 watts, I cannot go forwards, since I live in san francisco where our hills require multi gears and larger motors for electric bikes. Is there a way for me to get around this-buy a 350 watt motor with a governor that can be removed/ Also, where in Paris should I buy a less than 22kg FOLDING bike with 350 watt motor, 36v 10ah battery and throttle control as well as 6-7 gears? Or does someone know of a resource in France, on-line, like this web site, where I can help?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just get a dongle if you want to go faster all bosch active performance are 350w just 250w for eu law.

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
I am planning to buy an electric bike in Paris
It must make more sense to buy in the US. The bike will be made for your local market with back up and warranty issues dealt with locally. With shipping and taxes this could cost you more and leave you with an unsellable import and possible repair problems. Look at http://www.wearea2b.com/us to see examples of what is available.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id get the 1 with police on it lol ;)

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Where is the price of a 500wh battery?
Found this online....///////.........
Bosch has presented a new 500Wh battery, a 25% increase from last year’s Power Pack 400. The weight has only increased by 100 grams and it’s 2,6 kg now (190Wh/Kg). The new battery has the same shape of the Active Line and Performance Line batteries from last year (it’s different from Classic+ batteries though). The battery seems to be made of 40 cells, each one with a 3400 mAh capacity. When the battery is completely drained, it can be charged in 4,5 hours. This model, like last year’s, can be installed on the down tube or on the back rack of a Bosch ebike (the first solution is clearly the best for sport use). The Power Pack 500’s price should be around €800. It’s quite expensive, but all the cells are checked one by one – only the best ones are used to make the battery.

Reactions: RobF
D

Deleted member 4366

All torque figures are honest. You can make it whatever you want because you have gears. The question is always what they mean by 75NM. Is it measured at the crank? If so, with what size chainwheel because it's different with each different size? If it's measured at the back wheel, again, what size sprocket? The way I see it, any statement about torque for a crank-motor is absolutely meaningless unless you define where it's measured, what size sprockets you have and at what crank-speed.

You can make a meaningful statement about torque with a hub-motor, but only if you state the speed at the same time because the torque is different at every different speed. Maximum torque happens at zero RPM, but that's no use, of course, because your motor or controller will burn out in seconds.

Reactions: Emo Rider