new converter

trekex9neil

Just Joined
Jan 2, 2021
Hey, the wife has had ebikes for a few years now, a couple of cheap chinese factory ones, (first got stolen), the I got her a freshly refurbished and converted Santa Cruz with a Yose Power 350w rwd setup on which she loves. That quit working a few months ago, stopped turning on, sourced a new controller and screen but still no joy, so got a whole new kit for xmas and fitted it over the holidays. had to adapt a couple of bits, hydraulic brake cutoffs and no room for the PAS due to large bottom bracket, so had to fit to crank side, causing it to read backwards, the forward/backwards setting on the screen makes no odds so I'm waiting for a right hand side PAS to arrive, which will hopefully sort it and get her back out on it. She doesn't drive so it's her daily transport, I'm now contemplating converting my Trek fuel ex9 using the same type of kit, but it's such a good bike I don't want to spoil it.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hey, the wife has had ebikes for a few years now, a couple of cheap chinese factory ones, (first got stolen), the I got her a freshly refurbished and converted Santa Cruz with a Yose Power 350w rwd setup on which she loves. That quit working a few months ago, stopped turning on, sourced a new controller and screen but still no joy, so got a whole new kit for xmas and fitted it over the holidays. had to adapt a couple of bits, hydraulic brake cutoffs and no room for the PAS due to large bottom bracket, so had to fit to crank side, causing it to read backwards, the forward/backwards setting on the screen makes no odds so I'm waiting for a right hand side PAS to arrive, which will hopefully sort it and get her back out on it. She doesn't drive so it's her daily transport, I'm now contemplating converting my Trek fuel ex9 using the same type of kit, but it's such a good bike I don't want to spoil it.
You normally only have to flip the magnet disc to get it working in the right direction. When you swap sides, the disc has to be flipped to give the same output pattern.

trekex9neil

Just Joined
Jan 2, 2021
You normally only have to flip the magnet disc to get it working in the right direction. When you swap sides, the disc has to be flipped to give the same output pattern.
Hey, I looked into it and read all I could find, after assuming it was a simple wire swap, which made no difference, but I eventually found that this PAS that comes with the kit is designed for the left with a slip on split signal ring, but there's no space for it, so I've gone for the crank side using the original signal ring that was on from the previous kit, and the sensors actually come in a right or left, so I've tracked down a right which will hopefully sort it.
the C500-lcd screen has an option to swap the read between forwards and backwards, but doesn't seem to make any difference.