New Cyclamatic

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

I just spotted this for £650. It looks pretty good. 9 levels of assist is a bit unusual. The side-on photo seems to show a large LCD , but it's not clear. The rest of the bike looks pretty standard, so easy to sort out if something goes wrong. I think it'll give the Halfords Crossfire E a run for its money, especially as it uses a standard pedal sensor rather than the crossfire's special one, which may not be so robust. I'd upgrade the brakes to hydraulic for about £50, which makes it £400 cheaper. Also, it only weighs 19kg. Sports HQ participate in the cashback schemes like Quidco. They also offer 5% reward points and occasionally do flash sales, so you should be able to get it at something under £600, which makes it an absolute bargain like the original Cyclamatic.

http://www.thesportshq.com/cyclamatic-cx3-pro-power-plus-alloy-frame-ebike.aspx

• Informative
Reactions: flecc and LeighPing

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Check out the shipping to Europe... :eek: Maybe someone put in an extra 0?

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Nice bike and very good at that price. 36 volt too, unlike their earlier model.

That Europe shipping price could simply be that they don't want to sell any there for some reason. Maybe waranty support difficulties or the bike is already sold there by another company and they've agreed not to compete in order to get this deal.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Just to add to that, when I owned one of their previous models, I had to make a warranty claim on the battery. The communication and turnaround, to get a working battery back, was pretty good.

I can't fault SportsHQ's pricing, customer service or warranty claims procedure.

I reckon their 20kg weight quote for a steel framed bike is a bit optimistic though :rolleyes:

Last edited:

EmSeeDee

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2015
Coventry, UK
The controller supplied by Whoosh with the GSM crank drive kit has 9 levels. Works well for me.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't know what you're looking at, but the link i posted shows £3.99 to mainland UK!
It was Europe at the foot we were speaking of. I suppose they mean mainland Europe:

Cyclamatic CX3 Pro Power Plus Alloy Frame eBike
Price £649.99
5% REWARD POINTS ON ALL ORDERS
Postage Additional
UK Mainland 3-5 Wrk Days £3.99
UK Next Working Day £5.99
UK Next Working Day AM £9.99
UK Saturday £9.99
Northern Ireland £4.99
Highlands and Islands £4.99
Channel Islands £9.99
Europe £1000.00 £1000.00

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
So bargain bucket bike is the cyclomatic,
Woosh are close behind,then whisper and the current green edge offer to take us up to £1200.
That's a lot of bikes for a small budget

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
D8ve, for the last 3 years, our best selling bikes are numerically the more expensive ones, I naturally make effort to bring in more top end bikes and leave the low end to Cyclamatic and Prorider.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Are you directly competing against whisper then?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The shop 150 yards from us in the same street sell Wispers. His customers rarely pop into our shop and vice versa although sometimes we see customers test ride Wispers and Wooshes up and down the same street.
There are always middle of the road products that seem to compete for the same segments of the market but not over the whole range, no. This said, our prices have crept up to over £1,000. I don't like it but the strength of the dollar leaves me with little choice.
Would you see a Wisper cruiser or a Wisper full-sus or a Wisper Fat Boy?

Last edited:

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Ok then so woosh for big bear power,fat boy tyres and folders. Whisper for middle of road standard bikes, similar price and higher but more local shops .
Both for good customer service.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Do Chinese bikes dare to get to the £1800 + market or do you need to be "European" to successfully do that.

Or are European bikes so overpriced that the Chinese could not put enough kit on a bike to make it that much.

Bearing in mind my bike is Hungarian ?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Do Chinese bikes dare to get to the £1800 + market
The problem is chiefly marketing. The people who sell most bikes are the independent bike shops. If you manage to have the IBDs owners on your side, then there is no reason Chinese bikes can't have a sticker that says 'I am reassuringly expensive'.
If only I can get the perception of CD bikes and torque sensor that they are superior toned down a bit, I can bring in better frames, better shocks and better wheels.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
So that's the green edge bike with the cd torque drive, confusingly cheap now.

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
If only I can get the perception of CD bikes and torque sensor that they are superior toned down a bit, I can bring in better frames, better shocks and better wheels.
A better bike then in other words.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
A better bike then in other words.
The reason I singled out CD bikes and torque sensor is because shops stock what sells and in turn, what sells feeds back to what shops stock. If your budget is £2k, there isn't any offering from direct vendors like Woosh, you have to either go to the shops or convert a bike, so the choice is limited: Bosch, Yamaha, Brose. They all give the same sort of ride.
it's often the case of what's best for the customers. A lot of our customers have the usual troubles that come with age, knees, hips, can't lift the leg high enough, balance, oxygen etc. CD bikes with torque sensor are not as good for them as a step through bike with a strong geared hub motor, a rear rack and a full throttle.