New Ducatti Electric Bike

Intex

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2008
Just saw this new Ducatti electric bike. Do not know the cost, but I like how they integrated the battery.

the specifications for the City Pearl are right in line with other comparable electric bicycles. Power comes from a six-volt 9Ah Panasonic lithium ion battery pack and motivation comes from a front-mounted 250W brushless electric motor that's capable of propelling the bike to 24 kilometers per hour (about 15 mph). A seven-speed Nexus hub from Shimano sends human power to the rear wheel.

Attachments

emissions-free

Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2009
Shanghai
I got quite excited there for a second. WOW Ducatti are bringing out an electric version of the 1098S. Oh, wait a second it looks like a pretty generic European style E bike with a Ducati sticker.

To be fair it does look nice and I like the way the reat rack has been done. Be interesting to know if it's also sold at a typical Ducatti premium price. Although to be fair Ducatti are supposedly a bit more special than the average Jap Crotch Rocket :) and aren't produced in the same kind of quantities as the said Rockets. Although how you get much more special than a bike that has more BHP than Kgs, ie 1000bhp/ton is beyond me :eek: Apparently once you go Ducatti, like many things in life you cannot go back ;) We'll see if their e bikes stir such emotions ??

Aplogies to OP for the slightly off topic content :eek:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
It looks very nice...very sleek and stylish

Barry Heaven

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
It does look nice with great Italian flair. Call me cynical but I wonder how much extra they will expect you to pay to have the Ducati label.

Not sure how practical the rear rack would be for panniers etc. Looks more like style over substance on that aspect.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Ducati are an American owned company of course, and I think this is likely to be a Chinese made bike with a touch of Italian styling, the style triumphing over practicality to some extent.

The Italians record with e-bikes hasn't been good, especially from the motorcycle companies, the failed Aprilia attempts being examples.

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
I'm not sure what reactions I'd encounter with a Ducatti badge on an electric bicycle but I can guess :D