Help! New E Commuter Required

Pearcey

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 9, 2018
Hi all. I posted on here last year before I bought my first E Bike. I bought a Scott E Sub Active and was happy with until some silly driver ploughed through the back of me 2 weeks ago. The bike is a write off and I’m unable to ride for a while due to injuries. However, I am on the lookout for another and have been quite impressed with the Moustache. I would prefer a Bosch motor as I have a charger and a serviceable battery that could be used as a spare. Could anyone recommend any other Bosch bikes. Thanks in advance. Mark.

Attachments

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Hi hope you are not too badly injured, why not get another Scott the same as the model you had and then you will have a full bike for spares ( minus the back wheel and possibly frame)Steve W....

Pearcey

Sep 9, 2018
Hi hope you are not too badly injured, why not get another Scott the same as the model you had and then you will have a full bike for spares ( minus the back wheel and possibly frame)Steve W....
I thought about that but they no longer make them so I was thinking of something with the same battery set up. My main injuries were a fractured knee and ruptured acl. Enough to take me off the road for a bit unfortunately.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Good luck getting better.

Cube and Raleigh both make some good Bosch driven bikes. Haibike too (I've never come across one).

Reactions: Pearcey

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Hopefully you will soon be back fit for cycling, I have a Carrera Crossfuse with the Bosch activeline plus motor and have found it to be excellent. Steve W...

Reactions: Pearcey

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
Get well soon (and make sure you sue the idiot driver!).

Not sure if your spare battery is 500Whrs or 400.

If it's 500 (or if you are happy just to run 2x400 batteries) then you could save some money by picking up something like a Cube Touring 400 for around £1500. No real difference between the 2020 and 2019 models and a really solid bike.

I've done 3k this year on mine without so much as a squeak over all sorts of terrain, including a road commute to work.

The only downside is that these are solid and therefore heavy bikes and you won't be going much over 30kph on flat tarmac, but as the faster ebikes like the Synapse Neo and Orbea Gain won't use the same battery as you have already got I think something like this is your best budget option.

Pearcey

Sep 9, 2018
Cheers Andy. Cube are in my thoughts, as are moustache, Bergamont, Haibike and others. I cycle for leisure on my normal road bike so I’m definitely after a commuter/tourer. My battery is a 400 but I think I’ll go for a 500 this time. There’s so many bikes to choose from!

theloafer

Nov 28, 2017
durham
hi Pearcey
have this for sale if it fits Hiabike Sduro 5.0

the girlfriend loved it but was a touch to big for her ...have since upgraded to riese and muller

hers ... Sduro 5.0 returned to stock spec

Frame
aluminium 6061, HD Interface, quick-release 5 x 135mm, disc brake Post Mount
  • Drive unit
    Bosch Performance CX, 250W, 75Nm, 25km/h
  • Display
    Bosch Intuvia
  • Battery
    Bosch PowerPack, 500 Wh
  • Charger
    Bosch quick charger 4A
  • Fork
    SR Suntour NEX E25-LO Lockout, steel spring, Travel: 63mm, steel steerer tube 1 1/8", quick release
  • Shifting system
    Shimano Alivio M4000, 9 speed
  • Gear lever
    Shimano Alivio M4000, rapidfire
  • Rear sprocket
    SunRace CSM980, 11-40 teeth
  • Chain
    KMC X9
  • Chain ring
    Miche, 16, steel
  • Brake lever
    Shimano M315
  • Front brake
    Shimano M315, 180mm, 2-piston disc brake
  • Rear brake
    Shimano M315, 160mm, 2-piston disc brake
  • Tyres
    Michelin Protek Cross, 42-622, 28" x 1.6"
  • Rims
    Rodi Black Rock 21, with eylets, hollow rim, aluminium
  • Front wheel hub
    Haibike Components TheHub +
  • Rear wheel hub
    Haibike Components TheHub +
  • Spokes
    Sapim Leader, black
  • Handlebar
    Haibike Components TheBar ++
  • Grips
    XLC Comfort bo3 with wrist rest
  • Stem
    Haibike Components TheStem +, A-head, Bar bore: 31.8mm, 7˚
  • Head set
    A-Head Tapered, ball bearing
  • Saddle
    Selle Royal Viento
  • Seat post
    Haibike Components The seat post ++, patent, 31.6mm, aluminium
  • Pedals
    VP E461 mit Reflektor, aluminium
  • Head light
    AXA Blueline, 30 lux
  • Taillight
    AXA Blueline
  • Dynamo
    via system battery
  • Carrier
    system carrier, XLC Carrymore, max. 25kg
  • Mudguard
    SKS, chromoplastics
  • Kick stand
    Ursus Mooi, adjustable
  • Weight
    24.2kg
  • Total perm. weight
    130kg
  • Wheel size
    28"
  • View attachment 29430

Pearcey

Sep 9, 2018
Thanks for the replies. I’ve test ridden and ordered a Bergamont E-Horizon 7 from my local shop. Ticked all the boxes for me and the new Bosch Performance Line is really impressive compared to my last bike’s Active Line. Can’t wait to get back on the road now!

Attachments

Reactions: theloafer