New ebike company in the UK......

Owen Williams

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 28, 2018
I did this video for an ebike company in the uk, check it out ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULnnlAutgfI&t=13s

Reactions: lutin

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I've seen that bike advertised but with a different name before... somewhere. I'd wish any entrepreneur/start-up all the very best of luck, but it brought to mind Edge e-bikes. They were advertising all over this site/forum with a comprehensive range of (some) quite stylish own-branded ebikes just a year or two ago. Now I can't find any trace of them. Does anybody know what became of Edge?

D

Deleted member 25121

Wow!!! You can even cycle backwards on it, that's amazing.

Does it do 15.5mph in the backwards mode?

• :D
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've seen that bike advertised but with a different name before... somewhere. I'd wish any entrepreneur/start-up all the very best of luck, but it brought to mind Edge e-bikes. They were advertising all over this site/forum with a comprehensive range of (some) quite stylish own-branded ebikes just a year or two ago. Now I can't find any trace of them. Does anybody know what became of Edge?
I think you mean GreenEdge. They were mainly marketed by E-bikes direct but seem to have gone from the scene now.

Here's an E-bikes Direct web page on GreenEdge

There have been very many invented brand names since the millennium, mainly Chinese generic bikes sold here by various companies under names they dreamed up. Most disappeared after a year or two of getting what sales they could.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I think you mean GreenEdge. They were mainly marketed by E-bikes direct but seem to have gone from the scene now.

Here's an E-bikes Direct web page on GreenEdge

There have been very many invented brand names since the millennium, mainly Chinese generic bikes sold here by various companies under names they dreamed up. Most disappeared after a year or two of getting what sales they could.
No, Greenedge were different. I seem to remember Edge bikes too. They had a range of bikes and lots of banners on the forum - about a year ago.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc
D

Deleted member 25121

edge.bike posted on here from July to November 2017, the last one being:

The links they posted now give Mozilla "Potential Security Risk Ahead" alerts!!

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No, Greenedge were different. I seem to remember Edge bikes too. They had a range of bikes and lots of banners on the forum - about a year ago.
Thanks. I seem to be impervious to web advertising, ignoring all the site perimeters. Some in here insist they must penetrate, but clearly they don't since I don't remember Edge banners.

onthe-edge

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2018
portsmouth
hi cyclebuddy, I bought one of the last of the hybrids last August. Sam had a range of 4 bikes, a hybrid, a fold-up, a fat-bike, and a retro . once he sold the last bike he ceased trading because he couldn't cope with the Chinese import tariff. Excellent bike, very reliable and I still love it.

bike all done2.JPG

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Yes, I remember Edge bikes. They had some good models, one with a front rack similar to the one coming out from Wisper. Lot of similarities between Edge, Wisper, Juicy and Woosh. Practical bikes.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
And Oxygen.

JessBeauty

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 10, 2019
Canada, Vancouver
A nice video with good FPS, but I got this in the middle of it, it's only my problem or others saw it too?

Lastest frames was recorded with drone I suppose?

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
edge.bike posted on here from July to November 2017, the last one being:

The links they posted now give Mozilla "Potential Security Risk Ahead" alerts!!
Cos it's http not https - website has lapsed anyway

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Cos it's http not https - website has lapsed anyway
Like the bike - reminds me of a practical ol' Chopper bike.

Video was nice, crisp & boppy , would have like to see the bike shown off in a variety of roles, i.e. commuting to work or school, on & off train, laden with shopping (could do with a rear rack) as well as leisure and ridden by folk of differing ages to show its versatilty.

Video at full 1080 res play smoothly and faultlessly.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Video at full 1080 res play smoothly and faultlessly.
it is in 4k as well but you need some woof to play that and not drop frames.