New ebike time, again

Denis99

Pedelecer
May 26, 2016
South Wales
www.instagram.com
It's a long story, but I have a new e mountain bike.

Originally had a Felt Lebowske e fat bike, which had developed a repeating fault.

The shop that sold me the Lebowske have been excellent in their customer service, even though it had been a frustrating time for me with the fatbike issues.

All that has been resolved with the shop, Leisure Wheels and I have had some excellent service in finally resolving the issue.

A change of bike has been arranged under a warranty claim, and I am the owner of a Felt Redemption E10.

The bike was delivered yesterday and I have been fettling the bike to my preference.

Nothing major, as the stock component list is all top equipment.
Just made the wheels tubeless this afternoon, relatively easy as the wheels come with the rim strip installed and the valves.

Added some frame protection in the sensitive areas for cable rub and stone chips etc.

First ride will be tomorrow if I can get out on the bike, had a bit of man flu lately.

There are two items of very new tech on the bike.
Firstly the SRAM EX 1 drive chain, quick ride around the block confirms that the gaps between the ratios are quite tall, and the shifter only shifts one gear at a time. However, multiple changes in one go are not necessary due to the big change in gear.

The other new piece of tech for me is the Magura electronic dropper. Just charging this up at the moment, so might ride tomorrow with a conventional seatpost, as I have never really got on with dropper posts.

Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

You can't come on here telling us about problems without saying what was wrong!

Denis99

Pedelecer
May 26, 2016
South Wales
www.instagram.com
Well I've been cycling nearly all my life, and quite a lot of components and bikes can , and do go wrong.

I'm more concerned about the support and back up I receive to be honest.

It's easy to sit here and give a brand or product some negative feedback, but if the issue is dealt with satisfactorily then I don't need to add to the Internet keyboard warriors.

I will concede that I had issues with the Bosch system, although it seems that I am in a very small number of people who have had any sort of issues with the Bosch motor.

I very happy with the service and backup , and looking forward to getting out on the ebike again.
Been out riding on the normal human powered bikes that I have in the last month or so.

Still enjoy riding under my own steam, find that the normal bike does handle better than an ebike, much less weight.
But it's all good fun.

Reactions: EddiePJ

Denis99

Pedelecer
May 26, 2016
South Wales
www.instagram.com
Really frustrating, wanted to get out, but just not up to it at the moment.

However, on the positive side, it has enabled me to do the following before the first ride (tomorrow?).

Set the wheels up tubeless.

Charge and set up the wireless Magura Vyon dropper post, and work out how to use it. There is a slight delay in dropping the post, and in returning to desired height. This is normal and doesn't impact on the use in any way.

Set up the suspension reasonably well in terms of static sag etc.

Fine tune the gears, the rear mech hanger must have taken a slight nudge in transit, I have an alignment tool so all is pretty much spot on.

A short ride around the street is favourable concerning the SRAM EX 1 gears.
One shift at a time with this 8 speed system.
A very positive shift as per SRAM gear systems, no doubt you have shifted. Feels very smooth, but not as silky smooth as Shimano.

Related Articles

Advertisers