New ebike upgrade :D Gone from a Active Line plus to E8000 :)

kingsknight

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2018
So I decided to I really needed to get myself a off roading bike as my Crossfuse really sucked doing anything slightly off road in even damp weather. Got a good deal on a E8000 Voodoo Zobop. Paid £2200 with 2 free years ebike cover from Halfords.

So I've done a good 2600 trouble free miles on my Crossfuse (active line plus motor) but I was getting super bored of the roads so I got this lovely beast and I'm LOVING it. Had it 4 days and I've already put 120 miles on the clock. The motor is night and day compared to the Active line motor.

I was a little worried about the reviews of the E8000 saying it had motor drag and a very aggressive cut out once you hit the 15.5mph limit but I think they have fixed these issues via firmware updates as I get no drag at all and the power delivery is very smooth as is the cut off of power.

I still love my Crossfuse and I will be using it to commute and do any road riding with friends but my god going off road is where the fun is at! I feel like a kid again!

Edit.
P.S please don't comment "why didn't you get X bike from X place. Pointless comments that won't get a reply.

Attachments

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Interesting, I am just considering which bike to go for next, I also have a Crossfuse and am considering waiting for the new Wisper Wayfarer.

kingsknight

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2018
Don't get me wrong, the crossfuse is an amazing bike with a solid motor. Just really isn't fit for any real off roading as I found out the hard way! On the plus side I did lose 2 stone on my crossfuse :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Crossfuse isn't an out and out off road bike, a hybrid that can mix it with some trails.

Reactions: kingsknight